Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 16th, 2016 #1
alex revision

Default How insane work hours became a mark of American privilege

How insane work hours became a mark of American privilege

Americans work a lot: 47 hours a week on average, according to a 2014 survey — and a fifth work as much as 59 hours a week. Unlike other advanced nations, the annual hours we spend at work stagnated in the last half-century. So now we work more than basically everyone in the West.

But this burden is not evenly distributed. Research by the Center for Equitable Growth's Heather Boushey and Bridget Ansel, released last month, highlights something rather remarkable: access to longer hours has become a sign of privilege in American society.

http://theweek.com/articles/629256/h...ican-privilege

Old September 5th, 2016 #2
Ironguard1940

Default Is it White privilege to work more hours?

Fuck that shit. I don't even like working 40 hours a week and I don't. If I made more money per hour it wouldn't be worth it either because of the taxes. Let other suckers work those insane hours.

Old September 6th, 2016 #3
Crowe

Work harder and longer for less, and then they twist it around and call it the "American Dream". While the rest of the world laughs at the idea.

Old September 6th, 2016 #4
laowai
Banned

Quote:
Next, across all the surveyed professions, men are significantly more likely to work longer hours than women.

Boushey and Ansel cite Harvard economist Claudia Goldin's observation that "the gender gap in pay would be considerably reduced and might vanish altogether if firms did not have an incentive to disproportionately reward individuals who labored long hours and worked particular hours."

Finally, and once again all across these professions, white workers are considerably more likely to work longer hours than non-white workers.

So the groups working the longest hours are the ones who enjoy the most privilege: white upper-class men. That's striking, since more leisure time has traditionally been associated with privilege. As Boushey and Ansel point out, "If you Google the definition of 'bankers' hours,' it refers to the 'short working hours' bankers used to enjoy, which is certainly not the case today." In America over the last few decades, the association between leisure and privilege has been flipped on its head.
This article really p!sses me off with it's talking of 'privilege' as if that is even a real thing- it's not. Hard work is what it is called. Funny how they have dressed up saying Women should be paid the same as Men who work longer hours. What a ridiculous notion. And they have dressed it up as if men are being the oppressors by working longer hours. What a joke. You really think men want to be working those long hours? Of course NOT! So what would they have? Would they say we should pay Women double what Men are paid to compensate for the fact women don't like to work as many hours as their male counterparts? The world has gone insane. Maybe we should start paying women a high tier salary just for being women, you know, they are so horribly oppressed and all because they are....women.

So the so called gender wage gap is simply a reflection of women's aversion to working long hours. LOL. How can it be called a wage gap if one gender is working considerably less hours? So we stop paying men after a certain numbers of hours now....to fit in with women's limitations.

So they are basically saying, it's white men who work the longest hours and therefore are the ones propping the whole economy up. If left to their own devices the non-Whites and women would run the economy into the ground because of their sheer bad work ethic.

It's like when I used to work. All the women would do would be find excuses not to work, whinge about everything, and use their kids as an excuse to go home before all the men. It's pathetic. I've noticed women, especially White women, will put the minimal amount of effort into something that they can and will avoid all hard physical labor. Go to any workplace and you will see everything defined along gender with women doing the easy cushy office jobs, while the men have to do all the hard physical labor intensive jobs. Even in an office environment the men will be expected to do ALL the heavy lifting- it's a complete farce.

It's the White males work ethic that allows us to keep the Western standard of living we enjoy in the so called West. It's why you find so many women keen to get into management- because they don't want to have to do the hard work- instead the want to enjoy a cushy job at the top. Just like where I have to volunteer for work for the dole at the moment with a charity store. All the managers are of the stores are women- women have carved out a niche of the best office jobs for themselves- while in the warehouse doing all the sorting and heavy lifting it is mainly men- not a woman to be seen.

Civilization would collapse overnight if White men were all wiped out. It's White men who build and maintain all the infrastructure- it's White women who sit in an air-conditioned office twiddling their thumbs and whose biggest worry is what designer dress she is going to buy while browsing eBay during work hours. And that same woman would say she was oppressed by the patriarchy- the irony. It's the notion men want to be doing these labor intensive jobs or working long hours that really gets me. It's an assumption women all too often make and take for granted. Truth is, if white men hadn't been transplanted from the middle income tier office jobs by white women and their affirmative action feminism, and forced to work on the fringes of the higher paid and lower paid tiers, we wouldn't see so many men forced to do hard physical labor intensive jobs out of sheer necessity.

Screwed up White world. I don't care if muds take over the West. I am of the opinion now that ANYTHING that creates the absence of useless White Women and her even dumber pussywhipped White man is a positive and should be encouraged.

Old September 6th, 2016 #5
Fico

What is sum of taxes through percentage on month? I have 45% (post-communist state). In communism was 70%.

Old September 6th, 2016 #6
Crowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by laowai View Post
It's the White males work ethic that allows us to keep the Western standard of living we enjoy in the so called West. It's why you find so many women keen to get into management- because they don't want to have to do the hard work- instead the want to enjoy a cushy job at the top.
White males working too hard in a country that hates them might want to reconsider doing the minimum required to get by instead. The system wouldn't maintain itself for very long if that happened. I know I'm not gonna go out there and bust my ass for less than what I feel like I'm worth.

It's the main reason I've gone solo, and just do misc jobs on the side to get by. I've done plenty of 60+ hour weeks in steel fabrication shops, and I'm not doing that shit any more unless they're willing to pay me what I want. I'll tell them to go hire a fucking Mexican if they don't want to pay me. I know what my production is worth, because I know what they're getting for stuff I produce. They either give me a fair cut, or I won't work. If it came down to it, I'd go live under a fucking bridge before I'd work for some of these assholes.

Last edited by Crowe; September 6th, 2016 at 05:00 PM.

Old September 6th, 2016 #7
laowai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
White males working too hard in a country that hates them might want to reconsider doing the minimum required to get by instead. The system wouldn't maintain itself for very long if that happened. I know I'm not gonna go out there and bust my ass for less than what I feel like I'm worth.

It's the main reason I've gone solo, and just do misc jobs on the side to get by. I've done plenty of 60+ hour weeks in steel fabrication shops, and I'm not doing that shit any more unless they're willing to pay me what I want. I'll tell them to go hire a fucking Mexican if they don't want to pay me. I know what my production is worth, because I know what they're getting for stuff I produce. They either give me a fair cut, or I won't work. If it came down to it, I'd go live under a fucking bridge before I'd work for some of these assholes.
So true. I've actually started thinking about creating my own business, to only pull in enough a week to survive. I simply can't work for others anymore. Nobody will give me a chance.

At my work I heard the head boss( who happens to be a man) tell one of the women who is also on work for the dole that she had a meeting with another manager(a woman) to discuss her superannuation package. So they have given this new girl who has been working their less time than me a permanent job, while I get nothing.

Old September 9th, 2016 #8
JeffreyWaffenSS

There seems to be two extremes. In many cases companies try to hire part time and cut hours to the extreme. Even most of the nursing jobs I see listed are part time now to avoid giving health insurance or overtime. Then you have the remaining full time jobs that want to pay shit and make you work a billion hours.

Even though many jobs are only part time now, they want open availability which kind of keeps you from finding a second part time job.

Working really sucks. Just looking for a job takes hours sifting through the listings then maybe spending up to 2 hours filling the app out and taking the stupid personality test then at the VERY end it ask about your gender and race.

I just about say fuck it too. At my job which pays not much I don't bust my ass anymore since my bitch female feminist is a total arse who hates men. She and the other guy micromanage to the extreme. She will even stand behind you and watch you. Yet the women at my work most of them can misbehave and get away with anything. I hate working for women. Her assistant is a micromanager and he gets on my nerves a lot but at least he's not as rude or bitchy so I can tolerate him usually.

Old September 10th, 2016 #9
laowai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyWaffenSS View Post
There seems to be two extremes. In many cases companies try to hire part time and cut hours to the extreme. Even most of the nursing jobs I see listed are part time now to avoid giving health insurance or overtime. Then you have the remaining full time jobs that want to pay shit and make you work a billion hours.

Even though many jobs are only part time now, they want open availability which kind of keeps you from finding a second part time job.

Working really sucks. Just looking for a job takes hours sifting through the listings then maybe spending up to 2 hours filling the app out and taking the stupid personality test then at the VERY end it ask about your gender and race.

I just about say fuck it too. At my job which pays not much I don't bust my ass anymore since my bitch female feminist is a total arse who hates men. She and the other guy micromanage to the extreme. She will even stand behind you and watch you. Yet the women at my work most of them can misbehave and get away with anything. I hate working for women. Her assistant is a micromanager and he gets on my nerves a lot but at least he's not as rude or bitchy so I can tolerate him usually.
LOL this is so true. Women managers tend to be much more over the top than male managers. I'm actually only pursuing my own business so I don't have to work with women or keep living with women at home.

I was working with a 21 year old white guy on Friday. The poor guy had just come out of a homeless shelter, had nothing, and was talking about how great it would be when he got his centrelink payment- he could go into Aldi and buy $40.00 worth of food- enough to feed himself for a month. He admitted to me he ate mac and cheese for a whole year because it was the cheapest item in the store and he couldn't afford anything else.

This guy proved to me that feminism is wrong. Patriarchy is not a reality. This white guy was anything but privileged. It made me so angry knowing he is going to spend his whole life living from week to week, hand to mouth, constantly worrying about money. And all he will be exposed to in the media and society is how privileged he is, and how sexually perverted he is(media only runs negative stories in relation to male sexuality, think child pedophilia stories). Which are only going to kill all his sense of motivation to succeed in life.

Nobody gives a dmamn about him. Or me. Or you. Or any other White guy. The system props us up as dependents on benefits that only trap us in a prison of debt we will never get out of. It's not until you realize everything you were taught growing up was wrong that you see the world for what it is- a dog eat dog world where nobody cares about anyone else. That's why seeing the way White nations pander to minorities, allow in immigrants and then give them heaps of finical and social support really makes me angry. I'm watching World Vision ads on TV right now, all showing black babies looking distressed and droning on about how much they need help. It makes me so filthy mad a whole new generation is being brainwashed into these tired old outdated notions when their are Whites in this country struggling from week to week. World Vision is just a business looking to profit off White guilt. It's just a business. Nothing more.

My advice? Start up your own business. A rental electronics business or similar could be a modest start. I heard of a woman in the US who became a millionaire renting out dresses to women. Google a lot of the millionaires- a lot of them are owners of retail shops that sell other companies products. So these people are not creating their own ideas to make themselves rich. They are simply selling others ideas and profiting from it. The property rental market is the largest and most important market in the world economy- all business need a property to operate- it's when you start thinking like this you realize how important renting is as a business model. In a way just going to the shops, and the shops are in a way renting the food until you come along and buy it at an inflated price.

Why spend money and time creating your own products- when you can rent and sell others? No downtime, no research and development needed.

Also think outside the box. Here is a woman who is one of the highest earners on YouTube, and what does she do? She unboxes childrens toys and makes about 5 million per year for it. She is earning more per year than 99% of University educated professionals will ever hope to earn in a lifetime. But last time I checked their was no degree in toy unboxing at University, and looking at her success story one has to ask why not.

http://fusion.net/story/38924/the-hi...-toy-packages/

However if your studying, which I think you are, then I would recommend completing your degree/studies, and just pursue a little something on the side while keeping your current job. Then when the side business takes off you can switch over to it as your permanent source of income.

If your starting up an online business you can outsource the website design but just be careful you don't pay too much! I was charged $1000 for a website by an Indian Engineering student living in the US. But the price should never have been that high. A more accurate price would have been $200.

I would recommend googling different hosting companies before settling on one.

Although for me starting out, I would recommend utilizing the free social media services of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and forget about having a website altogether at first, until your business takes off and is profitable. Although make sure you register your businesses domain name to ensure someone doesn't take it when it comes time to create a website. A lot of businesses now don't even bother having websites- instead they just have social media accounts.

Also don't think you need to be young to start your own business. There are heaps of stories of older people starting their own successful businesses out there.

Anyway whatever you decide to do in life, all I will say is, good luck, you'll need it.

Old September 10th, 2016 #10
laowai
Banned

When you think about it most things are businesses that use others peoples stuff to make profit.

Think of the media. They use other peoples lives to create manufactured stories to sell papers and generate a profit. The news is basically just this every night.

Think of the SPLC. Who use words said on here- peoples ideas on here- to create content for their website and to generate donations- which they use to generate profits for their business. They use other peoples lives to generate a profit through the legal system. And don't think they aren't a business, they even have a silly t-shirt store.

So as you can see, you don't have to create a novel idea or niche product to be successful in business.

Old September 10th, 2016 #11
Fred Streed
Holy Order of Cosmonauts

Quote:
Some of the low end jobs try to keep you under 20 hours a week. But they still want you available at a moments notice.

The better paying jobs, the ones where they have to invest in training you, are going from hourly wage rate to monthly salary. They can really screw you over on salary, calling you in on yours days off, making you work late, etc. all without paying you extra or overtime.

Quote:
Working really sucks.
It can, and bad. When I was a youngster I had some jobs that I really enjoyed, even some that didn't pay all that well but were fun anyway. Jobs like working on cattle ranches. Who doesn't want to be a cowboy? I liked wildland fire fighting, and it paid decent. But you are a government employee, something some don't approve of. And I would think affirmative action has pretty much screwed Forest Service type jobs up for White men by now.

I have sometimes gone for a year or more at the time without a real job. If one looks for opportunities he can get by doing contract work or something else that is self employed. I have sold a lot of firewood and fence posts over the years. I have built a lot of miles of fence. I have also hauled a lot of hay but modern machinery has about eliminated that job.

One thing about working, no matter how shitty the job is always try to do it well and right. It's a good habit to get into and people notice, which may lead to other opportunities. Hey, what can I say, I probably read too many Horatio Alger stories as a kid.

Old September 10th, 2016 #12
JeffreyWaffenSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Streed View Post
Some of the low end jobs try to keep you under 20 hours a week. But they still want you available at a moments notice.

The better paying jobs, the ones where they have to invest in training you, are going from hourly wage rate to monthly salary. They can really screw you over on salary, calling you in on yours days off, making you work late, etc. all without paying you extra or overtime.

It can, and bad. When I was a youngster I had some jobs that I really enjoyed, even some that didn't pay all that well but were fun anyway. Jobs like working on cattle ranches. Who doesn't want to be a cowboy? I liked wildland fire fighting, and it paid decent. But you are a government employee, something some don't approve of. And I would think affirmative action has pretty much screwed Forest Service type jobs up for White men by now.

I have sometimes gone for a year or more at the time without a real job. If one looks for opportunities he can get by doing contract work or something else that is self employed. I have sold a lot of firewood and fence posts over the years. I have built a lot of miles of fence. I have also hauled a lot of hay but modern machinery has about eliminated that job.

One thing about working, no matter how shitty the job is always try to do it well and right. It's a good habit to get into and people notice, which may lead to other opportunities. Hey, what can I say, I probably read too many Horatio Alger stories as a kid.
I live in the southern half of the state of Floriduh. I read an article someone linked to on SF and it said 64 percent of jobs in this state pay $12 an hr or less! Pay sucks here yet stuff cost a lot!

In the southern half of the state it's either healthcare jobs, or low end service jobs like grocery stores, bars, restaurants, serving rich New England liberals or Jews while getting paid shit. And with all the muds in this state you have to put up with them too on the job.

I hate this state. Plus the gun laws for carrying and that nowhere near as good as my home state.

Old September 11th, 2016 #13
Crowe

Quote:
In the southern half of the state it's either healthcare jobs, or low end service jobs like grocery stores, bars, restaurants, serving rich New England liberals or Jews while getting paid shit. And with all the muds in this state you have to put up with them too on the job.
Look into construction jobs. What I did, was I found a job with a construction company that would excavate and repair pipelines. We went all over the place. North and South, and even out West a couple times. Long hours, my average work week was about 55-60 hours. And they paid per diem which is a flat amount on top of your current wage to cover room & board. We got $80/day in per diem. Average motel room was $30-$40/night. I could eat a $10 breakfast, and $15 lunch and dinner. And still might have some left over from the per diem. We frequently stopped at steak houses, and places like Red Lobster for lunch. And hooters if there was one nearby.

I did that for a little over 2 years, saved up almost all my money, and put 80% down on my own place. Also purchased a newer truck, which I totaled, but that's another story. All my stuff is paid for.

Last edited by Crowe; September 11th, 2016 at 02:27 AM.

Old September 12th, 2016 #14
Sean Gruber

Quote:
And with all the muds in this state you have to put up with them too on the job.
That's basically the same everywhere in the Kwa.

Feral jewess managers and ghetto-mud co-workers. All making the job virtually impossible, often on purpose.

Then the pompadour-rockin cuckfags and parasite elderlies wonder why Trump is a popular candidate even though he is "coarse" and "says things he shouldn't say."

Death to the jews. They built this.

Less talk, more action

Thread