VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 15th, 2009 #1
OTPTT
Banned

Default Lotto hoax causes riot at Ohio coat store

Lotto hoax causes riot at Ohio coat store

COLUMBUS, Ohio - A woman being driven around in a rented limousine pulled up at a coat store and announced she'd won the lottery and would pay for everyone's purchases, police said, but she ended up causing a riot when customers realized it was a hoax.

Angry customers threw merchandise around and looted, leaving the store looking as though a hurricane had passed through it, police said.

Linda Brown was arrested Tuesday after an hours-long shopping spree that began when she hired a stretch Hummer limousine to drop her off at a Burlington Coat Factory store, police Sgt. Lt. Michael Deakins said. Brown walked to a cash register and loudly announced she had won the lottery and would pay for each person's merchandise up to $500, he said.

“Well, of course, people like to hear that,” Deakins said. “Apparently they were in line calling relatives who were not at the store and told them to come.”

People flooded the registers as cashiers began ringing up purchase after purchase, but Brown had not yet paid the bill, Deakins said. At least 500 people filled the aisles and another 1,000 were outside trying to get in, he said.

“She was telling people she won $1.5 million,” Deakins said. “But it ends up she didn't win anything. She had no money to pay for anything.”

About an hour later, Brown had the limousine driver take her to a bank to withdraw money, but she returned empty-handed, police Detective Steven Nace said. By then, store employees had called in two dozen police officers to handle the crowds.

Shopper Candace Jordan said she told Brown she didn't need clothes, she needed help paying her rent.

“And she said, 'How much is it?'” Jordan told WBNS-TV. “And she promptly wrote out a check.”

By the time employees realized Brown didn't have any cash to pay, police said, she already had taken off in the limo.

That's when angry customers, realizing they weren't getting free coats, began throwing merchandise on the floor and grabbing clothes without paying for them, Nace said.

“Everybody was like, 'I still want my free stuff,' and that started the riot,” he said. “It looks like (Hurricane) Katrina went through the store.”

Police said they have no way of tracking down the customers who stole items and fled, but they're reviewing surveillance video.

When the limousine driver realized he wasn't going to be paid the $900 Brown owed him for the day's rental, he turned her in to police, Deakins said.

Brown, 44, was arrested on three outstanding warrants for aggravated menacing, misuse of a 911 system and causing false alarms. She was jailed late Wednesday, but no charges had been filed against her related to the coat store chaos pending a mental health evaluation.

Police said they didn't know if Brown had a lawyer. No telephone number was listed under her name, and no one answered repeated phone calls at the Franklin County Jail.

A spokeswoman for Burlington Coat Factory, which is based in Burlington, N.J., and has more than 300 stores across the country, said late Wednesday she couldn't comment on the incident.

Old October 15th, 2009 #2
Zenos

Since they don't mention race, I'll be surprised if that's not TNB. But, you never know.

Old October 15th, 2009 #3
The Bobster
Banned

It's a sheboon. The video was on TV this morning. I have a feeling the massive chimpout involved nigger sows, too.

Old October 15th, 2009 #4
The Bobster
Banned

Oh yeah. Never a doubt.

Old October 15th, 2009 #5
The Bobster
Banned

And here's the perp:

Old October 15th, 2009 #6
Zenos

It's Katrina all over again.

Old October 15th, 2009 #7
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bobster View Post
It's a sheboon. The video was on TV this morning. I have a feeling the massive chimpout involved nigger sows, too.

Covered heavily by the local "news".

The crowd which proceeded to dismantle the store until police arrived was 100% negro.

Think Zulu.

Old October 15th, 2009 #8
Zenos

Typical niggers. When they discovered it was a hoax, they still feel entitled to the free merchandise and will riot if they don't get their way.

Old October 15th, 2009 #9
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"

As Donnie can attest our county is rich in chocolaty goodness.

Old October 15th, 2009 #10
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenos View Post
Typical niggers. When they discovered it was a hoax, they still feel entitled to the free merchandise and will riot if they don't get their way.

Quite.

The takeaway from this?

Niggaz gots ta get paid.

Old October 15th, 2009 #11
Amy

Quote:
Shopper Candace Jordan said she told Brown she didn't need clothes, she needed help paying her rent

So she's in a clothing store, presumably shopping for clothes with the little rent money she has. Alright!

Old October 15th, 2009 #12
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTodd View Post
As Donnie can attest our county is rich in chocolaty goodness.

Yea, I grew up on the West side of Columbus, back when it was full of blue-collar whites who worked at the GM plant or Buckeye Steel.

My High School was at least 95% white, with zero Mexicans. Today that same school is 75% black and Mexican.

Columbus is fast headed the way of Detroit. We avoid it like it was Mogadishu, which some parts of it resemble these days.

Old October 15th, 2009 #13
Zenos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy View Post

So she's in a clothing store, presumably shopping for clothes with the little rent money she has. Alright!
Wasn't Obama supposed to pay all the nigger's rent?

Old October 15th, 2009 #14
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenos View Post
Wasn't Obama supposed to pay all the nigger's rent?

YES WE CAN!

(riot & shoplift)

Old October 15th, 2009 #15
Kievsky

Stuff like this is the cold comfort and humor through very dark times that we are just beginning to experience. The loss of the cushy lifestyle is going to be hardest on jews and negroes, less so for Whites, Mex and Asians, because the latter have less entitlement mentality, and generally expect to work in life.

Old October 15th, 2009 #16
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

The last White Riot I saw opened up for Iron Maiden.

Old October 15th, 2009 #17
Dan Allan

Doesn't surprise me, Burlington Coat Factory seems to be a magnet. I've noticed this in different parts of the country, too.

Old October 15th, 2009 #18
McKinley
coast to coast WN

Question

I knew this was T.N..B as soon as the radio station reported on a riot last night.

Columbus + Riot = NIGGERS

Kentckyanna True News

"What do you expect? All we got on this team are a bunch a Jews, spics, niggers, pansies -- and a booger-eatin' moron!"

Tanner Boyle - short stop for the Bad News Bears.

Old October 15th, 2009 #19
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKinley View Post
I knew this was T.N..B as soon as the radio station reported on a riot last night.

Columbus + Riot = NIGGERS

Maybe they will rename the hockey team the Columbus Stolen Jackets.

Old October 15th, 2009 #20
TommyJ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie in Ohio View Post
Maybe they will rename the hockey team the Columbus Stolen Jackets.
The Columbus Jiggaboos

Tags
tuskegee lottery

Thread