Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 28th, 2012 #1
Adrian Hartley

Default Opinion Poll: One In Three Brits Admits To Being Racist

1 in 3 Britons admit to being racist and 71% feel that the government's open door immigration policy, leads to a rise in racial tension. There would be no racial problems in a White Aryan Britain!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ding-poll.html

Old May 29th, 2012 #2
Bev
drinking tea

I'm a bit confused.

Quote:
A third of Brits admit they are racist, a shock report has revealed.
Who was surveyed? Because we are assured that "Brits" includes everyone, no matter their ethnic origin. The esteemed Mr Patel is just as British as I am, isn't he? Were the new Britons surveyed? If so, are a third admitting that they are racist? If so, to whom?

Quote:
The worrying figure emerged in a poll of 2,000 adults who were asked to honestly express their feelings about foreign nationals living and working in this country.
What's a "foreign national", in the context of this poll? Is it the Asian who was born here, or someone who has arrived here in the past few years?

Quote:
The true extent of the racist undercurrent within the country was revealed in a nationally representative study carried out by OnePoll in which 88 per cent of the respondents classed themselves as ‘White British’.
Ah - so 12% were presumably "other". But where they White Irish, Poles, Germans....? Or were they non-whites?

Did the 1 in 3 figure hold true throughout the 12%?

Quote:
As many as one in six demanded Britain close its doors to anyone who is not a UK national.
So one in six voted for a Nationalist or civic party?

Quote:
Just over four out of ten said they felt a strict number of immigrants should be allowed in at any one time.
So 40% of Britain voted UKIP?

Quote:
Seventy one per cent said they felt the ‘open doors’ approach to foreign nationals was leading to an increase in racist feelings.
71% told Lib/Lab/Con to go forth and multiply at the last election?

Why didn't these figures translate into votes? Maybe they aren't entirely accurate? I don't believe these figures were an accurate representation of a cross section of society otherwise the votes in this country would be folliowing a very different pattern.

Old May 29th, 2012 #3
Adrian Hartley

Good points.

Unfortunately many White Britons are set in their ways when it comes to voting, even if they oppose Third World immigration. They vote Conservative or Labour because their parents and grandparents did for example.

Thread