Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old February 19th, 2007 #1
WhiteMan4WhiteLand
TNB Connoisseur

Default Elie Wieasel Kidnapper arrested.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n2491150.shtml

(AP) A man accused of roughing up Nobel laureate and Holocaust scholar Elie Wiesel at a San Francisco hotel earlier this month was arrested Saturday in New Jersey, authorities said.

Montgomery Township police arrested Eric Hunt, 22, of Sussex County, N.J., at 1:30 p.m. EST Saturday. He faces charges that include attempted kidnapping, false imprisonment, elder abuse, stalking, battery and the commission of a hate crime, according to San Francisco police.

He was being held without bail in the Somerset County Jail in New Jersey, awaiting extradition to San Francisco.

Wiesel, 78, was a featured speaker at a Feb. 1 peace forum at the Argent Hotel in San Francisco. He was approached in the lobby by a white man in his 20s who asked for an interview, police said.

Authorities said Wiesel agreed to talk in the lobby, but the man insisted the interview be conducted in a hotel room, and got into the elevator with Wiesel. Once on the sixth floor, the suspect dragged Wiesel from the elevator, police said.

Wiesel began yelling, and the suspect ran away down the elevator, police said.

Police have said they were aware that a man claimed responsibility for the attack in a posting on an anti-Semitic Web site registered in Australia. Police have not commented further on the case.

San Francisco police Lt. Dan Mahoney said he doesn't believe Hunt belonged to a larger organization.

"He is a lone wolf and not part of an organization or group," he said.

Wiesel couldn't immediately be reached for comment Saturday at Boston University, where he teaches, or through his institute in New York. Police in New Jersey and San Francisco said they did not know if Hunt had retained an attorney.

Wiesel, who survived the Nazi death camps at Auschwitz and Buchenwald during World War II, has worked for human rights in many parts of the world and was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1986.

Old February 19th, 2007 #2
Walter E. Kurtz

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMan4WhiteLand View Post

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n2491150.shtml

San Francisco police Lt. Dan Mahoney said he doesn't believe Hunt belonged to a larger organization.

"He is a lone wolf and not part of an organization or group," he said.
For all you weak-minded members of your precious "WN" organizations, you must now realize that determining whether or not "racists" like Eric Hunt is also a member of an "organization" is one of the first things that law enforcement tries to establish. The better to screw you and your precious organization even more. Take note.

If you are still too weak-minded to figure out what to do and what to think, then there are still plenty of organizations out there that will happily take your beer, er, um, dues money from you. heh-heh

The lesson here: Anyone inclined to do similar "interviews" ought to bring a bigger pen.

Old February 19th, 2007 #3
Donger
Banned

Does this smell like bagels to anyone else?

First why wouldn't this kike have a body guard?

Old February 19th, 2007 #4
Vonbluvens
Banned

It is disturbing.

Old February 19th, 2007 #5
blueskies
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMan4WhiteLand View Post
[IMG] He faces charges that include attempted kidnapping, false imprisonment, elder abuse, stalking, battery and the commission of a hate crime, according to San Francisco police.

Can he plea Insanity? David Hinkley, who shot president Reagan, got off lightly.

Last edited by blueskies; February 19th, 2007 at 12:50 PM.

Old February 19th, 2007 #6
parish

Default Odd

He LOOKS like David Hinkley to me.

Old February 19th, 2007 #7
High Speed Nazi
Banned

Elie probably got on the elevator hoping he would get a blow job. That's why no body guard was there.

Gee, there is practically a media black out on this story - nothing since the arrest Saturday morning. Did he ever get a lawyer? Is he still in New Jersey? Maybe they should have left him in the mental hospital, he looks kind of schizo.

Old February 19th, 2007 #8
Purge
Banned

Someone give Bill White a medal for his efforts in the apprehension of this dangerous criminal.

Old February 19th, 2007 #9
Miskatonic

With very little violence committed against the Weasel in this altercation you would think that the assailant was as scared as the kike. Maybe Weasel's outburst caught him off guard.

You would think he at least would have hit him with a stun gun or something before he took off.
...For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men. This I have known ever since I stretched out my fingers to the abomination within that great gilded frame; stretched out my fingers and touched a cold and unyielding surface of polished glass.

Old February 19th, 2007 #10
Celtic_Patriot

He was traced from an email.

Never use email people in the standard way.

Old February 19th, 2007 #11
parish

correction, he looks like John Hinkley Jr. the guy who shot the prez. LOL

Old February 19th, 2007 #12
Celtic_Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by parish View Post
correction, he looks like John Hinkley Jr. the guy who shot the prez. LOL
He looks fine.

The danger is who he talked to and who he knew and who they emailed, who were their contacts.

Clean your computers and expect raids. Even the girlfriend of this guy in the NJ/NY area is now a target and she should be taking cyber forensic precautions over the last few days, out of 1st amendment privacy concerns.

Extended families take note, and everybody use caution in their private email and public publications such as this.

Very often, in cases such as this, cryptic public newspaper ads or web printed matter is the safest route to communicate as they watch the private channels.

They have been watching all PM's and emails, so I hope you kids have used your heads in your "private" email communications. Don't take for granted that the Feds really think he's not connected -- they are simply waiting for the emails to flow and show the whole network. Don't believe a single thing from the Fed, unless you have experience over many decades and read their agitprop.

Rule 1: If there's been a security breach, you break off all communication.

You only use public publishing, newspaper ads, radio commercials, AM band, markings, and today, our marvelous anonymous assigned we IP blocks that are assigned on an anonymous basis.

Bye.

As always get Evidence Eliminator and brush up on your data forensics.

Old February 19th, 2007 #13
High Speed Nazi
Banned

Default He was a lovely, very idealistic kid

Police: Wiesel attacker jailed
Sunday, February 18, 2007
BY BRENDAN BERLS
Star-Ledger Staff
A Sussex County man who authorities say attacked Nobel peace laureate Elie Wiesel in San Francisco earlier this month and then fled back to New Jersey was arrested yesterday on several charges, including committing a hate crime.

Friends and former acquaintances of Eric Hunt, 22, of Vernon struggled to reconcile the friendly, bright, articulate young man they remembered with the Holocaust denier, attempted kidnapper and possible Neo-Nazi authorities say he has become.

"I'm stupefied," said Mary Ann Kaicher, who coached Hunt on the debate team at Vernon High School, which he graduated in 2002.

"He was a lovely kid. Very bright, very idealistic," Kaicher said, reacting with shock to the news that Hunt had been charged in the Feb. 1 attack on Wiesel. "He must have gotten in with some crazy people or had a breakdown or something."

Yesterday afternoon, a day after being named by the San Francisco police, Hunt was arrested at the Carrier Clinic, a substance-abuse rehabilitation center in Montgomery Township, Somerset County Prosecutor Wayne Forrest said. He is being held on a fugitive warrant pending extradition to California.

"This was a brutal assault on a man who's dedicated his life to peace," District Attorney Kamala Harris said. "He was viciously attacked for who he is, and we won't stand for that."

San Francisco police Lt. Dan Mahoney said he doesn't believe Hunt belonged to a larger organization, and that the recent college graduate paid for his trip to San Francisco himself.

"He is a lone wolf and not part of an organization or group," Mahoney said.

Forrest said he was called Friday night by Sussex County Prosecutor David Weaver about the case. San Francisco police, working with New York City police, had developed information that Hunt may have been at the clinic and asked Forrest to follow up on it. The 1:30 p.m. arrest happened without incident, Forrest said.

Police say Hunt accosted Wiesel in an elevator at the Argent Hotel, where the author and Holocaust survivor was a featured guest at a conference on violence. Hunt allegedly insisted that Wiesel accompany him to his room on the sixth floor for an interview. At the sixth floor, Hunt dragged the 78-year-old out of the elevator and down the hallway. He fled after Wiesel began yelling for help.

On Feb. 6, a posting on an anti-Semitic Web site by someone identifying himself as Hunt took credit for the attack. The author said he had been tailing Wiesel for weeks, and wanted him to admit his most famous book, "Night," a harrowing memoir of his experiences as a teenager in the Nazi death camps, was made up.

"I had planned on ... getting Wiesel into my custody, with a cornered Wiesel finally forced to state the truth on videotape ... exposing the 'Pope of the Holocaust religion' for being nothing but a genocidal liar," read the posting.

San Francisco police said they identified Hunt through a vehicle that was left in the hotel garage. Hunt is charged with attempted kidnapping, false imprisonment, elder abuse, stalking, battery, and committing a hate crime, police said.

Kaicher's reaction to the charges was in line with those of several other teachers and coaches who recalled Hunt as a nice, taciturn teenager who also was an editor for the school newspaper and star singles player on the varsity tennis team.

"He certainly didn't seem like the hating type," said Marc Bray, Hunt's journalism teacher. Bray said he wrote a college recommendation letter for Hunt in which he praised his work for the school paper, which included articles on Sept. 11 and the subsequent anthrax scare.

Equally blind-sided by the news were Hunt's twin brother Frank and his mother, Naomi McCloskey, according to several family acquaintances. Neither was available for comment yesterday.

Hunt's path from Vernon to online hate sites to San Francisco remained largely unknown yesterday. Acquaintances believed he had attended at least two colleges since graduating, but it was unclear whether he had received a degree.

Hunt's father, Frank Hunt of Archbald, Pa., told the San Francisco Chronicle that he hadn't seen his son in 11 years, but received a call from him on Feb. 9. Eric asked his father to pick him up at the bus station from nearby Scranton, Pa.

Frank Hunt described Eric as disheveled and distracted during the two days he stayed with him. He told the Chronicle he eventually drove Eric back to Sussex County and dropped him off five miles away from "an uncle's house," with Eric saying he would walk the rest of the way. The weather was below freezing.

"It just seemed to me that there was something deep, deep, deep going on," he said.

Forrest, the Somerset prosecutor, said he did not know how long Hunt had been enrolled at the drug and alcohol rehab clinic.

Last week, Wiesel, who was uninjured in the confrontation with Hunt, told the Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera that the attack had more than just terrified him. It also represented an alarming escalation in the rise of Holocaust denial around the world, he said.

"I feared for my life in a way that hadn't happened to me since 1945, before the end of the war," said Weisel, who won the Nobel Prize for Peace in 1986.

"Every time I make a speech somewhere in the world there is a group of deniers in that place waiting for me," he said. "Until today they used words; now they have switched to violence."

The Associated Press contributed to this report. Brendan Berls may be reached at [email protected] (973) 539-7910.

Old February 19th, 2007 #14
High Speed Nazi
Banned

It was his mom who checked him in to the hospital. Hopefully
she will be standing by him and getting him a lawyer and whatever he needs. They probably are trying to get him to plead insanity and beg for forgiveness and help. I hope this doesn't turn out with Eric going to Auschwitz and getting "redeemed" and working for the Holyhoax.

Old February 19th, 2007 #15
parish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic_Patriot View Post
He looks fine.
I didn't mean anything was WRONG with him.

Old February 20th, 2007 #16
N.B. Forrest

"He was a lovely kid. Very bright, very idealistic," Kaicher said, reacting with shock to the news that Hunt had been charged in the Feb. 1 attack on Wiesel. "He must have gotten in with some crazy people or had a breakdown or something."

Or maybe his brains led him to adopt a genuine idealism this stupid cunt would never have the guts to even contemplate, let alone embrace.

What a fucking pity this boy's life will probably be destroyed for a juvenile stunt like that. I admire his audacity, but you'd think he'd at least have the savvy to keep his mouth shut afterward - let alone leave his car and wallet behind....

Old February 20th, 2007 #17
JimInCO
Meinungsverbrecher

Default Wiesel attack shocks community

http://www.njherald.com/288246317941296.php

Wiesel attack shocks community

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

By TOM HOWELL JR.

Herald Staff Writer

VERNON — Two days after a former Vernon High School student was arrested and charged with attacking noted Holocaust scholar Elie Wiesel, school officials were stunned to think the quiet, courteous teen they once knew could have committed such a crime.

Eric Hunt, 22, of Lake Wallkill Road, was arrested Saturday afternoon at the Carrier Clinic in Somerset County, Montgomery Police said. Authorities in San Francisco had issued a warrant for Hunt's arrest after they connected him to the Feb. 1 attack on Wiesel at the city's Argent Hotel.

Hunt is lodged without bail in the Somerset County Jail, where he awaits extradition to San Francisco. The incident has drawn worldwide interest and underscores the disquieting concept of Holocaust denial, but some Sussex County residents were left in bewilderment.

"He was a very easy-going kid. He always had a smile on his face," boys tennis coach Doug Miller said of Hunt.

Hunt played varsity tennis at the high school for at least two years, earning All-SCIL Honorable Mention in 2001 and 2002. Miller said he first learned of Hunt's arrest in a phone call from a reporter this weekend.

"My first impression was that it was something positive, because he was that kind of student," Miller said. "I was completely shocked."

Miller described Hunt as a "normal, quiet kid," and said political issues were not discussed a-round the team.

Over the past 10 years, the high school has developed numerous special programs "not only dealing with the Holocaust, but tolerance issues in general," Superintendent Anthony Macerino said.

"Who knows how these things happen?" he said of the alleged incident.

Macerino had not heard much about the arrest during the holiday weekend.

"I didn't really know the student," he said. "We have so many students, I didn't even recall the name at all."

Wiesel, 78, was a featured speaker at a peace forum at the hotel in San Francisco. He was approached in the lobby by a white man in his 20s who asked for an interview, police said.

Authorities said Wiesel agreed to talk in the lobby, but the man insisted the interview be conducted in a hotel room, and got into the elevator with Wiesel. Once on the sixth floor, the suspect dragged Wiesel from the elevator, police said.

Wiesel began yelling, and the suspect ran away down the elevator, police said.

According to The San Francisco Chronicle, police said they found Hunt's car in the hotel parking garage, and Wiesel told the newspaper that his assailant fled so quickly that the man left his wallet and driver's license in the car.

San Francisco police knew Hunt had cash and was using a credit card, and they tracked him to the Carrier Clinic, where Hunt's mother had helped him check into the facility, the Chronicle reported.

Montgomery Township Police were alerted about Hunt's whereabouts by the San Francisco Police, a police report said.

The Carrier Clinic offers treatment for illnesses such as anxiety, depression, dementia and substance dependence. A woman who answered the phone at the clinic on Saturday said she could not comment on Hunt, citing patient confidentiality.

"He had admitted himself there for some type of treatment,"' Montgomery Township police Sgt. Guy Fillebrown told the Chronicle. "He was very polite, docile — there was no resistance," he added. "We simply transported him to jail."

Lt. Dan Mahoney, head of special investigations for San Francisco police, told the Chronicle that Hunt traveled to Florida in an unsuccessful attempt to confront Wiesel at a conference there. Hunt began following Holocaust denial organizations after graduating from college, and although he used the Internet to spread his beliefs, authorities believe Hunt acted alone, according to the Chronicle.

Hunt was arrested at 1:30 p.m. on Saturday after a cooperative effort by the San Francisco Police Special Investigations Division and police departments in New York City and Montgomery Township, according to San Francisco District Attorney Kamala D. Harris.

He is charged with six counts, which include kidnapping, false imprisonment, battery, elder abuse, false imprisonment of an elder and stalking. His bail in California was set at $500,000.

"I was amazed," said Mary Ann Kaicher, Hunt's high school debate team instructor. "He was a lovely kid. I can only speculate that something terrible happened to him."

Hunt was a good student who did not take part in the more aggressive facets of the debate team, she said. Instead, he participated in public speaking categories such as "original oratory."

"I didn't see any indication of any violence. He was a peaceful person, an idealistic person," she said. "It's an aberrant thing ... There are kids that have strange ideas or an agenda, but he's not one of them."

It was unclear Monday whether Hunt had retained an attorney, and his family was not reachable for comment.

The San Francisco District Attorney has filed special hate crime allegations for each count.

"The charges today send a clear message," Harris said in a written statement. "Our city won't allow hatred to go unpunished."

If convicted, the hate crime stipulations could add an "extra few years" to the penalties, Rutgers law professor Frank Askin estimated.

"There are enhanced penalties for crimes that include a hateful motivation, and those enhanced penalties have been upheld," he said.

On Feb. 6, someone identifying himself as "Eric Hunt" posted a lengthy article on anti-Zionist Web site.

"On February 1st, at approximately 7:30 p.m., I attempted to get a confession out of the 'Pope of the Holocaust religion,' Elie Wiesel," the posting read. The article says he had been trailing Wiesel for weeks.

Further down, it read, "I pulled Wiesel out of the elevator. I said I wanted to interview him. He protested, grabbed at his chest as if he was having a heart attack. He then screamed HELP! HELP! at the top of his lungs."

The Chronicle reported that Hunt's father, Frank Hunt, 49, said his son called Feb. 9 and asked to be picked up at a bus station in Scranton, Pa., explaining that his car was in the shop. The elder Hunt said his son, whom he had not seen in 11 years, acted strangely, appeared disheveled and did not carry luggage, the newspaper reported.

His son mentioned nothing about Wiesel, the Holocaust or anti-Semitism in the two days he stayed with him in Pennsylvania, Frank Hunt told the Chronicle. The elder Hunt, who dropped his son off on Feb. 11 in New Jersey at his insistence, said he hopes his son gets the help he needs, the newspaper reported.

"I think he might be mentally ill,'' he told the Chronicle. "I'm worried about his mental health.''

Andover resident Perry Raabe, whose father survived the Holocaust, said he was "kind of stunned" to see the news stories about the Vernon resident and has been clipping the articles.

"I was saying to myself, 'That's not the way to put Sussex County on the map,'" Raabe said.

Raabe, who has lived in the county since 1975, said he has never encountered anyone locally who denies the Holocaust occurred.

"I really haven't, not that it's the type of topic you talk about seven days a week," he said.

The Jewish Center of Sussex County was saddened to see a local person implicated in the attack, because the congregation "feels very much at home in Sussex County," Rabbi Cathy Felix said.

Holocaust survivors are regular speakers at the center in Newton, she said. "People are always moved by that story."

Wiesel, who was uninjured in the hotel confrontation, survived the Nazi death camps at Auschwitz and Buchenwald during World War II, and has worked for human rights in many parts of the world and was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1986.

His best-known book, "Night," was released in 1958 and recounts his experiences in the concentration camps. As of Sunday, the latest translation of "Night" was ranked number 9 on the New York Times Best Sellers list for paperback nonfiction.

Raabe said he has read several articles by Wiesel and watched him speak on television.

"I think he's an intelligent guy with a lot of insight into the Holocaust and the human condition," he said.

Denying the Holocaust is illegal in several European countries. The Volksverhetzung, or "sedition of the people," is a section of German law that makes it illegal to incite hatred against a minority of the population.

Just last week, a German court sentenced an activist to five years in prison for denying the Holocaust on a Web site. Ernst Zundel, 67, was deported from Canada in 2005 and prosecuted in Germany because the Web site is accessible there.

The United States does not have a law against Holocaust denial, because the speech is protected under the First Amendment.

"People will say what they want," Rutgers' Askin said.
who do not adequately realize the irritations they inflict."
- H.G. Wells (November 11, 1933)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old February 20th, 2007 #18
blueskies
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimInCO View Post
http://www.njherald.com/288246317941296.php

Wiesel attack shocks community

Further down, it read, "I pulled Wiesel out of the elevator. I said I wanted to interview him. He protested, grabbed at his chest as if he was having a heart attack. He then screamed HELP! HELP! at the top of his lungs."
Jews are experts of making mountains out of molehils. This guy carried no weapons what's so ever. Gun, knife, screwdrivers, box-cutter, z-clon b, nothing.Obviously he had no intention of killing or do bodily injuries.

Last edited by blueskies; February 20th, 2007 at 10:28 AM.

Old February 20th, 2007 #19
High Speed Nazi
Banned

See that one professor said hate charges add "a few extra years". He is trying to make it seem like nothing, "a few extra years", when the point of the law is make it seem real serious, needing the judge to "throw the book at him".

I just had a bad thought - what if they take Hunt to Israel or Germany for the trial? They have done it before.

Old February 20th, 2007 #20
billwhite...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
First why wouldn't this kike have a body guard?
Most famous people don't have bodyguards. Hell, Richard Perle, when he was head of the Defense Policy Board and planning the war on Iraq didn't have a bodyguard. You can walk up to almost any senior administration official or Congressman / Senator in DC -- just about anyone short of the president -- and catch them without a bodyguard -- if you know how to find them.

What this attack shows is how easy it is to launch these kinds of attacks.

Thread