VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > News & Discussion > This Just In
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old November 15th, 2008 #1
Anchorage Activist

Thumbs down All-White Jury Awards $2.5 Million In SPLC Suit Against Imperial Klans Of America

The SPLC has another victim. An all-white jury awarded $2.5 million to the "victim" of a beating by IKA members. And Morris Dees is looking to seize the IKA property and put them out of business. Story from CNN:

Quote:
A jury awarded $2.5 million in damages on Friday to a Kentucky teenager who was severely beaten by members of a Ku Klux Klan group because they mistakenly thought he was an illegal Latino immigrant, the Southern Poverty Law Center said.

Jordan Gruver, then 16, was targeted and beaten by Klan members, his lawsuit alleged.

The jury found that the Imperial Klans of America and its founder wrongfully targeted 16-year-old Jordan Gruver, an American citizen of Panamanian and Native-American descent.

The verdict included $1.5 million in compensatory damages and $1 million in punitive damages against "Imperial Wizard" Ron Edwards.

The law center said before the verdict that a large damage award could break the Klan group, allowing the teen and the law center to seize the group's assets, including its headquarters, a 15-acre compound in Dawson Springs, Kentucky.

"We look forward to collecting every dime that we can for our client and to putting the Imperial Klans of America out of business," said SPLC founder and chief trial attorney Morris Dees, who tried the case.

Gruver, backed by the Southern Poverty Law Center, filed the personal injury lawsuit last year seeking up to $6 million in damages from the Imperial Klans of America and two of its leaders -- Edwards and "Grant Titan" Jarred R. Hensley.

An all-white jury of seven men and seven women deliberated for five hours after three days of testimony. The suit alleged that Edwards, Hensley, and the Imperial Klans of America as a whole incited its members to use violence against minorities.

"The people of Meade County, Kentucky, have spoken loudly and clearly. And what they've said is that ethnic violence has no place in our society, that those who promote hate and violence will be held accountable and made to pay a steep price," Dees said.

According to testimony, three members of the Klan group confronted Gruver in July 2006 during a recruiting mission at the Meade County Fair in Brandenberg, Kentucky. They taunted him with ethnic slurs -- inaccurate ones -- spat on him and doused him with alcohol .Two of the men, including Hensley, knocked Gruver to the ground and repeatedly struck and kicked him.

"All I could see was a bunch of feet," Gruver, now 19, told the jury. "As they were kicking me, I prayed to myself. I said, 'God, just please let me go. Please let me make it home.' " When the blows stopped, Gruver had a broken jaw, broken left forearm, two cracked ribs and cuts and bruises.

He testified that he has suffered permanent nerve damage and psychological trauma. He doesn't leave his house and rarely sleeps more than two hours at a time because he has nightmares, CNN affiliate WLKY reported.

Among the evidence the jury saw was a pair of red-laced, steel-toed boots. A police witness testified that Hensley wore the boots the night he and another Klansman attacked Gruver.

Edwards acknowledged from the witness stand that the boots were the "weapon of choice" for skinheads and that the red laces carried special significance -- that "someone should shed blood for their race."

Also revealed during testimony: An alleged Klan plot to kill the Southern Poverty Law Center's attorney, Morris Dees. Former Klansman Kale Kelly, once a member of Edwards' inner circle, testified he was told to kill Dees because of the center's lawsuit in Idaho against the Aryan Nations, a neo-Nazi supremacist organization. The plot was thwarted by the FBI in 1999, according to testimony.

Kelly, who since has left the group, cried on the witness stand during his testimony.

Other former Klansmen also testified that they were encouraged to use violence. One said he was conditioned to kill.
Read the rest of the story HERE.

Read the 10-page lawsuit documents HERE in PDF format.

Local Kentucky media stories from the Louisville Courier-Journal and Fox 41 (with video).

Morris Dees is absolute scum. But you know what, the SPLC and their judicial terrorism is another one of those issues that made me more sympathetic towards the WN Cause.

Last edited by Anchorage Activist; November 15th, 2008 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Added local Kentucky media links

Old November 15th, 2008 #2
10Bears

Quote:
"The people of Meade County, Kentucky, have spoken loudly and clearly. And what they've said is that ethnic violence has no place in our society
I hope these jurors are still around when the kwa is majority mud and they're on the receiving end of a little "ethnic violence". Wonder if there will even be a court system.

Old November 15th, 2008 #3
Rounder

Lest we forget, it was Bill white alone, who had the balls to effectively combat anti-white, fixed jurors. Let's hope he get's acquitted for the sake of precedent.

Old November 18th, 2008 #4
albion

Default ABC News

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=6270127&page=1

Though Edwards said during an interview with ABC News that he does not condone violence and "regrets" the attack on Gruver, the Southern Poverty Law Center and others who monitor hate groups say the Klan has in the last few years boosted its membership by recruiting violent skinheads and neo-Nazis, trading in the noose for pipe bombs, white robes for army fatigues.

The Klan has associated with men like Hensley, who the center fears may be the new face of a more vicious Klan. Hensley, who split from the Imperial Klans, appeared to have few qualms about using violence.

"If something goes against you, then violence usually takes care of it. You have to do violence. Violence has been in America since the beginning of time," Hensley, who pleaded guilty to attacking Gruver, told ABC News.

Hensley said that the Klan was "trying to be invisible these days and I'm completely against being so called invisible. I think you should be outlandish with your belief systems. You should let the world know that you are what America calls so called racist that you want the best for your people."

He denied that he beat up Gruver, but said he did not feel bad for him. "We have all these nonwhites that come to our country and leach off what we built and created and they take it and try to use it for their own benefits," he said.

The center, which represented Gruver, says hate crimes are on the rise, driven primarily by bias against Hispanics. Though Gruver is of Panamanian Indian descent, the center said his attackers believed he was Hispanic. Police also say they have seen a surge in race-related incidents since Barack Obama was elected.

Last edited by albion; November 18th, 2008 at 04:05 AM.

Old November 18th, 2008 #5
Bob R.

Quote:
An all-white jury of seven men and seven women deliberated for five hours after three days of testimony. The suit alleged that Edwards, Hensley, and the Imperial Klans of America as a whole incited its members to use violence against minorities.
the thing about niggers is, they don't NEED to be incited to rape and rob and murder white people, they are in a constant state of self-incitement.

Old November 18th, 2008 #6
A.S.
Diligence

Quote:
"The people of Meade County, Kentucky, have spoken loudly and clearly. And what they've said is that ethnic violence has no place in our society, that those who promote hate and violence will be held accountable and made to pay a steep price," Dees said.
"Unless of course, we're talking about your White son being beaten to a pulp or shot by bands of savage nigger or spic "gang-bangers" who are infesting almost every city and town across the country. In that case, it very much DOES have a place in our society, since all we're really after is the destruction of the White race via mixing and massacre. Thank you very much. Thank you. Thank you." Dees said, and he fondled his step-daughter and sucked another man's cock.

Old November 18th, 2008 #7
Curtis Stone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob R. View Post
the thing about niggers is, they don't NEED to be incited to rape and rob and murder white people, they are in a constant state of self-incitement.

Saw some of the Wizard of Oz on tv last night, Margaret Hamilton:"If you don't give me your dog, I'll take your whole farm!" I thought of Morris Dees.

I tell you, every Hollywood movie with a blond/blonde victim is an incitement to the world, "Kill Blondie". Notice, Jews get SAVED in movies and blondes get humiliated and murdered.

Old November 18th, 2008 #8
Marse Supial
Creepy-Ass Cracker

These are the kinds of stories that really get me depressed and set me to wondering whether there is any hope for the white race or whether there's anything left worth salvaging.

Brandenburg, Kentucky is just about as rural and as white as a place gets:

http://www.zipskinny.com/index.php?zip=40108

95.8% white. My kind of place. Yet 12 white people unanimously entered judgment against their kinsmen in favor of a mud. Back when men had balls, white juries laughed at these cases and refused to convict regardless of the evidence (as per the Emmett Till murder trials).

Last edited by Marse Supial; November 18th, 2008 at 09:01 AM.

Old November 18th, 2008 #9
Metal Warrior
Leaving a bruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Lee View Post
These are the kinds of stories that really get me depressed and set me to wondering whether there is any hope for the white race or whether there's anything left worth salvaging.

Brandenburg, Kentucky is just about as rural and as white as a place gets:

http://www.zipskinny.com/index.php?zip=40108

95.8% white. My kind of place. Yet 12 white people unanimously entered judgment against their kinsmen in favor of a mud. Back when men had balls, white juries laughed at these cases and refused to convict regardless of the evidence (as per the Emmett Till murder trials).
That mantle of group autonomy has passed to Blacks (e.g., the O.J. case and jury nullification).

Looking back, this was the downfall of Aryan Nations at Hayden Lake as well, and also engineered by the SPLC.

If White people had a collective brain, we'd be searching every nook and cranny for information and filing lawsuits against the SPLC and its ilk every week. These jews (and I am absolutely convinced that Morris Solomon Dees is a jew, along with the other trolls there) understand that in AmeriKwa, the road to victory is lined with greenbacks. And he who has the gold, or as they'd say it, gelt, makes the rules. Lawsuits don't have to be tools that only they use. We can play that game, too.

Old November 18th, 2008 #10
Zenos

The all White jury handed over that decision because every one of them were afraid to be called a racist if they didn't. In fact, I bet in the jury's private discussions that was the main theme of their conversation.

It wouldn't surprise me if an all White jury was selected because they knew that would be an advantage. Look for all White jury's now regarding any case where racism might be an issue.

I really hope I'm called for jury duty in such a case, I'll deadlock it for sure.

Old November 18th, 2008 #11
Marse Supial
Creepy-Ass Cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenos View Post
I really hope I'm called for jury duty in such a case, I'll deadlock it for sure.
I hope you are too. And don't just settle for a deadlock, use the opportunity to persuade the other jurors to grow a pair and send a message to the muds with an acquital. "This is our place in America. We don't want your mystery meat asses here. Go back to Los Angeles."

Old November 18th, 2008 #12
OTPTT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenos View Post
That may only work for a criminal trial. In many states a civil jury need not be unanimous to arrive at a judgment.

Old November 18th, 2008 #13
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"

Me too!
I'd cause those Kwanian retards to have a collective nervous breakdown in the jury room.
They would run sobbing to jewdge about what a "big, meanie racist" I am!
And that would be the "men", the women would just faint!

Old November 18th, 2008 #14
albion

Default Nightline

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/

Old November 18th, 2008 #15
Blake Smith

Wow the SPLC is really piling up the karma. Assault carries a small fine, not a $2.5 million dollar fine, and the people responsible for the attack are culpable, not some organisation. They should refuse to pay because it is bullshit and sue Dees for financial terrorism.

Old November 18th, 2008 #16
Curtis Stone

Default A.D. Anno Domini now "KKK" term

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/34627404.html

Look at this from the Klan Initiation murder story - on the second page they tie in "the 14 words", and then they list "KKK terms" starting off with Anno Domini, AD.

Thread