View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2013 #141
Crowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by keifer View Post
When I took a round in the forearm from a .357 magnum there was no pain involved. There was just a slight sensation of heat in that immediate area. If not for that I would not have known anything had happened aside from the chaos. No doubt the fire rated door of the apartment slowed down the round, maybe even broke it apart, maybe even redirected from its intended course which was my head from a mere 18 inches away. Or maybe the nigger just couldn't shoot. What I will add to this conversation is echoed in many of my other posts, and that is you do not get to decide the situation, the situation chooses you. When that time comes it gets much more complicated than gel targets. And still yet, how often does someone take down a deer by shooting through a door. There are no end to the variables, chance, and shear luck. What I have concluded is what these conversations always seem to wind down to in conclusion to anyway, and that is go as big as you can effectively deliver a defense. Gun control means what you can shoot affectively with one hand. A two handed grip is a good sign that things are going in your favor.
You outlined a great reason why I keep a shotgun near each doorway entering/exiting my house. Never know who is going to knock on the door or what their intentions might be. Most of the time its probably someone trying to sell something, or a Jehova witness, and a simple "Fuck-off" is all you need to say.

There have been 2 times I've had some suspicious characters knock on my door, who I observed snooping around my yard before knocking and saying hi. Those are the ones you let know that you mean business. Too many fucking pill heads running around these days looking to steal whatever they can get their hands on, anything from mowers, to scrap metal, or ripping the copper line set out of your HVAC unit. Being trusting is for the weak.