Full Thread: VNNForum's CPI
View Single Post
Old August 4th, 2011 #29
Rae Kiley
Molon Labe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
I suppose so. But I mean we're talking some tomatoes. It's pretty sad when you cant jew someone down to a dollar for three tomatoes, for christ's sake. She's in a place where basically no one is coming by. Which must mean she has some other option for selling the tomatoes, since she had about 20 of them. Just makes me wonder. Because times are tough, even simple transactions of a farmer's market or garage sale have become grim and businesslike. This woman literally weighed these three tomatoes on her scale. The funny thing was, they're all the same freakin' size. Christ, I was offering more than a quarter apiece. She basically wanted $1 apiece, if they weighed 1.5 pounds.
People are scared and trying to make a buck anywhere they can. It's the same way around here. You should see some of the items for sale in the TN Trader. Two years ago they would have been giving these things away.