Full Thread: Organic Food
View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2008 #2
-JC
Doesn't suffer fools well

Default Well, look at the pharmaceutical industry...

We had that crud that's going around-- 60 to 90-day viral upper & lower respiratory slime and my wife got antibiotics for a secondary bacterial infection. The prescription said "Retail $99.89, you saved _______." So, I went online and found West Coast Drugs or some such business name. Turns out they are in India and have drugs shipped overnight from a warehouse in the U.S. with stock from the usual manufacturers. People have been going to Canada and Mexico for years, where prices are lower than in the U.S. for the same drugs. I'm now convinced that going to the corner drug store is paying a stupid tax. Why we permit cartels to control essentials and prey on our people, I'll never know.

It stands to reason that, if we can save health insurance from being ripped-off by the pharmaceutical industry, insurance costs SHOULD go down. But maybe their profits will just go up.

I'm going to try it next time and insist on some samples from the doc to tide me over for a day or so. Antibiotics every few years are about all I've ever used but when you need 'em you need 'em.

By the way, I was able to use grapefruit seed extract, which is very nasty but I think did the trick, along with colloidal silver-- made with a silver dollar and a 9-Volt battery, just for good measure, when I had what I think would have been a fatal case of salmonella and was where I was unable to get antibiotics. I was literally losing consciousness, I was so weak, and it turned around overnight by the time I was able to marshal help to get to a doctor.

Last edited by -JC; March 9th, 2008 at 09:02 PM.