View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2006 #2
ohgolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder
So do it.

We need fresh talent.

TAA is important, but not top of my agenda. I have bigger fish to fry. I'm not drawing checks from the government, and I don't have a private pension. You can trust I'm working on what's most important for the cause.

Feel free to produce an issue and use the money collected to print it. Pass it to me, I'll proof it. Otherwise you can wait till I'm done. I will promise to do two issues a year, minimum. But that's about all I want to do, aside from proofing. I will set a deadline of June 30 for 4, and I will meet it. If that's not good enough, then do something about it with my full blessing.

I got out of print publishing for a reason. If I take the time to do TAA right, then I won't update the front page for two weeks, and people will bitch about that, and rightly so. It's a better use of my time to work on VNN. I don't need the hassle of maintaining expanding lists of subscribers, and $5 checks that cover costs. It's just multiplying work and taking up space and time I don't have.
Thanks for following my advice (from last year)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder
WN has to get beyond chattering. We have some good folks, and we have people willing to put out some money. We need talent - is it there? Where are the organizers and leaders?
Look, I want to do whatever I can. Unfortunately, I'm not much of a writer. Or a leader. Most folks here aren't either, apparently.

-OR-

Maybe you need to get to know some of these people, any who you suspect might have abilities you're looking for. Have you appealed to any, personally? Get specific with what you think is needed. Come up with actual job titles and descriptions. Provide as much 'official' infrastructure as you can. Then, if you get no responses, contact people and 'offer them a job'. Also, try to come up with some organizational plans that are adaptable for 'employees' who already have regular (income producing) jobs. I'll bet that many people have talents they aren't aware of. It might take someone like you to see their abilities. Tell them!

Whatever you do, recognize that you're the leader of this operation. Delegate!

That's all I can come up with for now.