View Single Post
Old December 24th, 2020 #1
Crowe

Default Guilty pleasures (chink food)

I don't regularly eat chink food, but occasionally, like once every couple of months I'll order some take out.

They got this little hole in the wall place I know of that's got the best chink food around here. It's been open for 25 years, in spite of economic fluctuations and that's because their food is good.

Anyway, they don't have fancy names for their dishes. On their menu, it's listed like beef with onions, beef with peppers, beef with tomatoes, etc. They got the best beef pepper steak. And I'll reluctantly admit that's beef with an asterisk. Still not 100% sure it's beef. But it's tender, and well seasoned, and it's fucking delicious. Even if somebody told me for a fact that this was canine or feline, I wouldn't care.

I've tried to replicate this in house with actual beef, but it's always off. I can make a stir fry that's pretty good, but not as good as what they make. And it costs me more money, on top of the time put into prep work/cooking/cleaning up the mess.

The stuff is probably loaded with MSG, and other stuff that's bad for you, but occasionally I cheat, I don't care.

They used to have a Korean BBQ place around here, that served asian fusion food, and they had this spicy beef (and I'm 100% sure it was legit beef). Little on the expensive side compared to the Chinese place, but it was worth it.

I like Mexican food as well, but I've had good success at replicating that in house, because the flavors aren't as complex as with the chink stuff. Stuff like fajitas, I just buy some flank steak and make that myself. And taco meat is super easy to make.

Last edited by Crowe; December 24th, 2020 at 08:49 PM.