Old August 12th, 2007 #29
lawrence dennis
Anti-anti-antisemite

Default Websites ridicule modern "art"

http://reverent.org/

For example:

Pollock or birds?
Quote:
Some of the images displayed below are the works of the legendary artist Jackson Pollock. He created them using his revolutionary dripping technique. The rest are birds' droppings on a sidewalk. Can you tell which is which?

4. Pollock Birds

5. Pollock Birds

http://ecclesiastes911.net/

For example:

Quote:

A drawing (pencil on paper) by Siri, an Asian elephant.

In 1982 James Ehmann (a journalist) and David Gucwa (a zoo keeper) showed to Jerome Witkin :[] (a professor of art at Syracuse University and an authority on abstract expressionism) a set of drawings done by an elephant (a sample above). They did not reveal to Prof. Witkin the identity of the artist and asked him to evaluate the pictures. The professor said "These drawings are very lyrical, very, very beautiful. They are so positive and affirmative and tense, the energy is so compact and controlled, it's just incredible... I can't get most of my students to fill a page like this." After learning the identity of the artist Witkin said: "Our egos as human beings have prevented us for too long for watching for the possibility of artistic expression in other beings." ...
Jerome Witkin and his brother Joel-Peter Witkin are jews:
Quote:
Joel-Peter Witkin (born September 13, 1939, in Brooklyn, New York City) is an American photographer. He was born to Jewish father and a Roman Catholic mother. He has a twin brother, Jerome Witkin, who also plays a significant role in the art world for his realistic paintings. His parents divorced when Witkin was young because they were unable to transcend their religious differences. ...
For a really good prank on the modern "art" world:

Disumbrationist School of Painting
A hoax that embarrassed the art world

Quote:
The son of a Methodist minister, Paul Jordan-Smith graduated from a school of divinity in 1908 and became a pastor of the Universalist church. In 1910 he resigned after being charged with heresy [2] and became a writer. In 1924 he committed blasphemy against the strange gods of modern art.

He became convinced that "the modern critic in literature and art was a coward, so afraid of being out of step with his generation that he hesitated at giving honest opinion concerning art values, especially where those values were not perceptible" [1] and decided to play a joke on these art critics. He borrowed some old brushes, and on a discarded canvas slapped out a picture of a savage woman, waving a banana skin over her head. As Smith would be to banal for an independent artist, he chose Pavel Jerdanowitch for a name. He called his school of painting "The Disumbrationist" for the reason that he could not create shadows. He applied for membership to the "No Jury" artist group in New York. After being accepted, he submitted the picture under the title of "Exaltation". It was exhibited at the Waldorf Astoria Gallery in New York in 1925 and there was seen by Comte Chabrier, who wrote to Jerdanowitch from Paris asking him for a sketch of his life and for his photo. Jordan-Smith wrote that he was born in Moscow, that his parents brought him to Chicago. He was sent to study at Chicago's Art Institute, where he contracted tuberculosis. Some kind friends sent him to recover to the South Sea Islands, where he got acquainted with the savages. He returned to the United States and was living in deserts of California. Jordan-Smith also sent Chabrier the photo he made for this occasion and it appeared together with the praise of the new school of painting in the French art magazine Revue du Vrai et du Beau.

Now Jerdanowitch was invited to submit a painting to the No Jury Show in Chicago. He painted the "Aspiration" and it was exhibited at Marshall Field's Gallery in 1926. The painting was reproduced and described in glowing terms in the Chicago Evening Post. The following year he exhibited at Buffalo and was discovered by another French Journal, La Revue Moderne, which published reproductions of "Aspiration" and "Adoration". Finally, a full-page reproduction of "Aspiration" appeared in The Golden Book of Modern Art.

By 1927 Paul Jordan-Smith got tired of this joke and confessed it to Los Angeles Times [3]. This made a world-wide sensation. He wrote [1]: "I got more publicity from this little joke, which had occupied me no more than an hour a year during the three years I was engaged in it, than from all the serious work I ever did over many decades."

Some people decided that Jordan-Smith was able to pull off the hoax because he possessed an artistic genius. :krofl He writes [1]: "Many of the critics in America contended that since I was already a writer and new something about organization, I had artistic ability, but was either too ignorant or too stubborn to see it and acknowledge it. Even my old friend, Havelock Ellis, wrote a letter reproving me for making light of my talent." ...

The Seven Deadly Sins

Exaltation [see the bogus "explanation" of this painting below in big red. --L.D.]

Aspiration

Adoration

Illumination

Gination

Capitulation

Collation

The seven Disumbrationist paintings, produced by Rev Jordan-Smith, who christened them "The Seven Deadly Sins". Aspiration, Capitulation, and Collation are now in the UCLA Library of Special Collections [4]. The fate of the other four paintings is unknown.

Pavel Jerdanowitch explains the meaning of his works

In 1928 the final and complete exhibition of Jerdanowitch's paintings took place at Vose Galleries in Boston. Paul Jordan-Smith and Robert Vose prepared a leaflet describing the Disumbrationist School of Painting and its aims.

Courtesy, Vose Galleries

Besides, Paul Jordan-Smith prepared special leaflets describing the meaning of the Disumbrationist paintings. Here are some of the explanations.

Exaltation
It represents the breaking of the shackles of womanhood. The lady has just killed a missionary, represented by a skull. She is hungry. Women are forbidden to eat bananas on that Island. She has just taken a luscious bite and is waving the banana skin in triumph and freedom [1].

Aspiration
The bird you see in the upper right corner is called the cosmic rooster, and is a symbol of suppressed desires; it sits upon a cross, which is of course another symbol, and at the end of the closes line is the cosmos flower with white leaves signifying immortality. The entire painting affords a marvellous illustration of the law of dynamic symmetry; everything directs the eye of the beholder towards the central symbol, so that at first we are like the washer woman (who stares at the cosmic rooster: this is why the painting is called "Aspiration") and fail to notice the hand of greed reaching for her purse [5].

Illumination
It is midnight and the drunken man stumbles home, anticipating a storm from his indignant wife; he sees her eyes and the lightning of her wrath. It is conscience at work [1].

Gination
It depicts the appalling effects of alcohol on Hollywood women of the studios. It is a moral picture. Note the look of corruption on the lady's skin. Everything is unbalanced. While good gin might not have just that effect, boulevard gin brings it about in short time. The picture is painted in bold strokes and with a sure hand. I believe it is the most powerful of my works [1].

How is the faithful city become an harlot! It was full of judgment: righteousness lodged in it, but now murderers. Thy silver is become dross, thy wine mixed with water. Thy princes are rebellious, and companions of thieves: every one loveth gifts, and followeth after rewards.

Xian WN!

"The Jew can only be understood if it is known what he strives for: ... the destruction of the world.... [it is] the tragedy of Lucifer."

Holy-Hoax Exposed, Hollow-Cost Examined, How Low Cost? (toons)

Last edited by lawrence dennis; August 12th, 2007 at 10:54 AM. Reason: added pics