View Single Post
Old September 21st, 2013 #48
Joe_Smith

Gabor Vona Talks about globalization , capitalism , liberalism, and how the west is not so western anymore.

http://voiceofrussia.com/2013_09_04/...ues-Vona-0789/

Quote:
In an exclusive interview to the Voice of Russia, Gabor Vona the leader of Movement for a Better Hungary (Jobbik) talks about the crisis of globalized capitalism, the Syrian conflict and the struggle against the US-controlled world order.

Reality Check: Jobbik describes itself as “a principled, conservative and radically patriotic Christian party”. Could you explain what it means to be “principled”, “conservative” and “a radically patriotic Christian” in today’s political world?

Gabor Vona: Being principled, conservative and radically patriotic basically means saying a definite 'no' to the modern world that surrounds us in the Euro-Atlantic region today. This world is characterized by an apparent wealth, optimistic economic expectations, democracy and many other things that sound nice at first. In my opinion, however, there is a shocking decay underlying these things. Europe and the West have disowned their most essential and ancient values. The economic crisis is merely a façade that will never be solved because the essence of the real crisis is that Europe has sunk to the rock bottom of its crisis of values which has been ongoing since the 18th-19th centuries. When homosexual marriage becomes a central issue in the political sphere, there is big trouble. Most parties try to adapt to these trends even if they see the deterioration, they think society may still be mended or reformed. Our opinion is quite different. There is nothing we can do with the current world order. We must oppose it. Since we are Hungarians, we can obviously do so in Hungary, in the Hungarian society, but I am sure that our struggle is not the struggle of one nation only, it is much more essential than that.

Reality Check: There are a lot influential politicians who are working to transform the European Union into a federal state, using the US model, involving a central government and explicit transfer of the members’ sovereignty to Brussels. One may argue that the federalization process has already started. What is your view on this process?

Gabor Vona: It is the wrong treatment based on an incorrect diagnosis. Europe can never become a federal superstate. The only way they were able to create one in the US was by first exterminating or locking up native Americans, the historical peoples and nations living there, in reservations. Of course, they may be planning the same destiny for the historical nations of Europe. We either lay idly by as some clueless culture-idiots and watch as our states are enslaved, or if we rebel, then they will try to sideline us, and if they can't, they will criminalize us. Naturally, it does not mean that their plan will succeed, but as I mentioned, the whole thing is built upon bad and incorrect foundations. Europe will either return to its roots and build up the Europe of nations on them, or it will become a constant centre of conflicts which the other great powers - the USA, Russia, China, the Arab world, etc. will eventually split up amongst each other.

Reality Check: The EU has a clear and visible anti-Christian bias in its policies affecting the education system, family law etc. Is it hard to be a Christian party and promote Christian values?

Gabor Vona: Talking about Christian values, we must clarify certain things. We are not a clerical, missionary party. In our opinion, Christian values are in fact identical with the universal and ancient human values such as God, order, hierarchy, courage, truth, sacrament, being natural in a community, as opposed to modern individualism, valuelessness, deviance and liberalism. The reason why we call them Christian values is because we live in a Christian culture, and that is why we do not have any problems with Muslim, Buddhist or other cultures, if they are based on the same foundations. In this regard, it is indeed hard to promote our political values because we, unlike the so-called Christian Democratic (i.e. slick and malleable) parties, really face the challenge, really go down to the root of problems and also speak out on issues considered taboo.

Reality Check: In one of your interviews, you argued that the European financial crisis is a result of a grand-scale crisis of “globalized capitalism”. How do you define “globalized capitalism” and why is it bad for countries like Hungary? Can it be argued that “globalized capitalism” is a form of “neocolonialism”?

Gabor Vona: Globalized capitalism is in fact an economic-political world order controlled by the United States, which imposes its own rules of the game (liberal democracy, free trade, multinational capital, international bank networks, liberal cultural policy) on the rest of the world. The fact that they do so is not surprising in itself, since all empires have done the same throughout history. The real problem is that while the great empires of history were trying to create a liveable and healthy culture, albeit they did not always succeed, the American empire is trying to spread an order that was sick and distorted in the first place. This world order cannot be compared to that of ancient Rome, because ancient Rome, although by military force and for economic considerations, was spreading a liveable culture worthy of human beings. Today's "Rome", the USA, spreads a subhuman culture which has nothing but economic interests.

Reality Check: One of the favorite arguments of EU propaganda is that Eastern European countries like Hungary, Romania or Ukraine can’t have a strong economy and high standards of living without being members of the EU. They argue that the EU, even if it has problems, is the only option for prosperity. How do you counter this argument? What alternatives do you propose?

Gabor Vona: The first statement is not true, it's quite the opposite. Central Eastern Europe was colonized. We didn't need the EU, they needed us. Cheap labor and our markets, these were what mattered. Look at the current situation of the countries in our region. Could they catch up? Not at all. In fact, the gap is widening. The West knew very well that it was going to happen, they just held out a carrot to us. Why do you think Turkey is not admitted to the EU? Because they are Muslim? Not at all. Because they have a strong and independent economy which cannot be colonized the same way as the Hungarian, Romanian and Slovakian etc. ones were. Turkish companies are strong, their market is well protected. They could easily subdue us, however. The alternative would be a kind of regional cooperation. That is part of the reason why I keep urging a historic agreement among the nations living here.

Reality Check: A recent diplomatic scandal between Romania and Hungary has been linked with your name. The president of Romania promised to “reign in Budapest”. The Hungarian government got involved in the dispute. It all started from a statement made by you. What is your take on this scandal?

Gabor Vona: A journalist asked me if I would undertake a conflict for representing Hungarian interests. I answered: of course. Which the press reported in such a way that I declared war. It is a typical example of the harmful operation of the media. Of course, it is quite clear that Basescu wanted a scandal as he is preparing for his new political career. He needed to demonstrate that he was a tough Romanian politician who goes against Hungarians. I find it pathetic. It is short-sighted thinking which is a telling sign of himself as a person.

Reality Check: What changes in Székely Land would make you say: “it’s perfect now, I don’t want anything more”?

Gabor Vona: I consider autonomy as a realistic goal which Romania must also accept sooner or later. The historic role of the Hungarian nation in Transylvania is unquestionable. If only everybody realized that we must live together, in fact, we must fight together against globalized capitalism. However, we need worthy conditions to live together. Conditions in which nobody feels like a loser. Until then, the tension remains.

Reality Check: During a recent conference in Moscow you said that the patriotic organizations from Eastern Europe are fighting among themselves instead of fighting against the masters of globalization. Why does it happen? Is there a chance to make all patriotic forces from Europe work for a common goal instead of fighting with the shadows of the past?

Gabor Vona: That is not an easy task and the current Hungarian-Romanian dispute clearly shows how fragile such cooperation would be in the future. Our opponents may set us at variance almost overnight. In our current media-manipulated world it has become even easier. Just look at how they are turning the Arab countries against each other after the Arab Spring, even groups of society within these countries. So we, Eastern European nations must be very sincere and determined if we want to fight side by side. Personally, I am open to that and I have talked about it dozens of times. Unfortunately, I received few positive reactions.

Reality Check: If you were the prime minister, what would your relations with Russia and China be?

Gabor Vona: I consider Russia as a country of key importance. Besides Turkey, I believe Russia is the other Eurasian power that could spearhead a real political, economic and cultural resistance against the Euro-Atlantic block. Of course, I know things are not black and white, but Russia's importance is a fact. That is why I undertook the task of being the leader of the Hungarian-Russian friendship group in the Hungarian Parliament and that is why I am working on establishing the best possible Turkish relations. I would keep a two-step distance from China. I have a certain kind of neutral attitude towards China. Obviously, they are a force to be reckoned with, but I see that China is rather more interested in the Pacific and Africa than Europe.

Reality Check: Could you describe your views on Israel's foreign policy?

Gabor Vona: Israel must be forced to recognize the independent state of Palestine and to give up their colonization efforts regarding Hungary. The latter were mentioned by Shimon Peres in a business conference, so it is not my conspiracy theory, contrary to how the leftist-liberal media tries to present it. If these two measures have been completed, we must try to maintain correct relations with Israel, but obviously, nobody should expect me to kowtow to them like other European leaders do.

Reality Check: What is your take on the Syrian conflict?

Gabor Vona: In fact, it is an international conflict, where Syria is the theatre. The USA and Israel are trying the upset the status quo. I sincerely hope that the conflict will be resolved as soon as possible, because civilians are suffering from it all. Obviously, I could say more, but the situation is changing day by day, at this point it is enough to point out the importance of peace.

Reality Check: Judging by the media coverage you’re getting in Hungary and other European countries, it can be said that most of the press actively hates you and Jobbik. Your answers clearly show why the western press hates you. Despite that, your party has been quite successful and its popular support is growing. How did that happen? What is your secret for the political success of a radical party?

Gabor Vona: By now, Jobbik has become the most popular party with the young in Hungary. We have two secrets. First, we are right; second, we are fearless.