Full Thread: #1 Bigfoot Thread
View Single Post
Old August 15th, 2008 #42
Fred Streed
Holy Order of Cosmonauts

Quote:
Originally Posted by April Gaede View Post
Actually the people who claimed they were the ones who were in the suit were in fact the hoaxers.
April
That is correct. The two guys who actually filmed the footage were Roger Patterson and a guy named Gimlin. Patterson is dead, maybe Gimlin is also by now. Neither of them ever said it was a hoax, in fact no one could ever get them to deviate from the original story. The guy who claimed to be in on the hoax and said he was the dude in the monkey suit was proven to be a liar.

I spent several years not too far from Bluff Creek in Northern California where the film was shot. It is some of the most remote and rugged terrain in North America, and was even more so in the 1960s when Patterson shot the film. I still love that area, the lower Klamath River/Trinity River/Salmon River watershed.

Do I believe in Bigfoot? Well, I will just say that I have spent a hell of a lot of time in some really remote areas in that part of the country, a lot of it alone, hiking and camping, climbing a mountain now and then, and I have never ran across any Sasquatches. I fought a lot of fires there also, when I worked for the U.S.Forest Circus. I used to hike into the Trinity Alps in the middle of the Winter, alone, and spend several days at a time there. I would be the only human in that entire wilderness. Now that I think about it I was kind of a strange guy when I was younger. But I never met with Bigfoot. That doesn't mean he is not there, just that I never encountered him.