Full Thread: Animal photos
View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2009 #26
Tom McReen

Default Albino otter spotted by photographer

Quote:
A rare albino otter has been captured on camera by an amateur wildlife photographer in the north of Scotland.

Karen Jack said the sight of the white animal eating a fish on rocks in Moray was "surreal".

Grace Yoxon, of the Skye-based International Otter Survival Fund (IOSF) said the otter was "extremely rare". She said there were no figures for the number of albino otters, but it was unaware of there being any others reported in the UK.

Ms Jack had to wait for the animal to reappear from the sea after catching a brief glimpse of it earlier.

She said: "I have been into photography for about three years as a hobby and love photographing wildlife, landscapes and my two cats.

"But it was just an amazing and surreal view of the albino otter, and for it to sit there and eat while we watched on was mind-blowing."

Mrs Yoxon said: "It is extremely rare to see albino animals in the wild and to be able to get such wonderful photos is exceptional.

"Karen was extremely lucky to have her camera with her - I am very envious."

In March, IOSF took into its care an otter that latched on to two teenagers who were sledging, then followed them home.

The cub was spotted in snow under a bush at Windygates, Fife, in February. He was nicknamed Dylan because one of the youngsters was playing a harmonica, an instrument synonymous with singer Bob Dylan.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wil...tographer.html

'Gentiles are supernal garbage' - Rabbi Schneur Zalman, founder of Chabad-Lubavitch.