Join Date: Dec 2003
Throw off the GD guilt trip on Whitey!
[QUOTE=Kievsky]So far as I know, there are no major sources of funding aimed at increasing ethnic consciousness among Europeans or at promoting European ethnic interests. Certainly the major sources of conservative funding in the U.S., such as the Bradley and Olin Foundations, are not aimed at this sort of thing. Indeed, these foundations have been a major source of funding for the largely Jewish neoconservative movement and for pro-Israel think tanks such as the Center for Security Policy.
An excellent example of an ethnically conscious wealthy Jew is Haim Saban who was recently profiled in the New York Times. Mr. Saban controls the largest media company in Germany. Saban has stirred controversy in Britain, where he publicly expressed interest in buying ITV, the country's biggest commercial network, while accusing its competitors, including BBC News, of pro-Arab coverage. He views his acquisition of a dominant position in German media as benefiting Israel in the long run. Obviously he thinks of media ownership as far more than simply a way of making money but of influencing content by promoting Jewish causes. The Times describes him as
“perhaps the most politically connected mogul in Hollywood [and that’s saying a lot. He is described as], “throwing his weight and money around Washington and, increasingly, the world, trying to influence all things Israeli. ‘I'm a one-issue guy and my issue is Israel’” To that end, he has become one of the largest individual donors in the country to the Democratic Party and its candidates, giving millions over the past decade — $7 million in just one donation to the Democratic National Committee in 2002. He hobnobs with John Kerry and he vacations with Bill Clinton. It is certainly striking that Bill Clinton is on record expressing very positive attitudes about massive immigration and the impending minority status of his own people while having a close relationship with a wealthy Jewish ethnic activist intent on advancing the interests of Jews. One could say virtually the same thing about the entire political class in this country. This is, I think, a parable of our times.
Saban is far from unique. For example, in Canada, Israel Asper, executive chairman of CanWest Global Communications Corp. used his media empire to promote pro-Likud policies and has punished journalists for any deviation from its strong pro-Israel editorial policies.16 In my writing I have tried to show that Jewish involvement in the media has influenced content—that the media in the United States have reflected Jewish attitudes on multi-culturalism and all things Jewish, especially Israel, and negative attitudes on Christianity, European ethnocentrism, European culture and especially the culture of the American South and Midwest.17
The point is that Jewish elites have been hugely influential in advancing the interests of their people. This is surely a goal to emulate.
The best way to preserve ethnic interests is to defend an ethnostate—a nation that is explicitly intended to preserve the ethnic interests of its citizens. From an ethnic point of view, a major problem with massive immigration is that there is likely to be an increase in ethnic competition. Multicultural societies sanction ethnic mobilization because they inevitably become a cauldron of competing ethnic interests.
In this very dangerous game of ethnic competition, some ethnic groups are better prepared than others. Ethnic groups differ in intelligence and the ability to develop and control economic resources. They differ in their degree of ethnocentrism, in the extent to which they are mobilized to achieve group interests, and in how aggressively they behave toward other groups. They differ in their numbers, fertility, and the extent to which they encourage responsible parenting. And they differ in the amount of land and other resources held at any point in time and in their political power.
Given these differences, it’s difficult at best to ensure peaceful relations among ethnic groups. Even maintaining a status quo in territory and resource control is very difficult, as can be seen by the ill-fated attempts of Americans to achieve an ethnic status quo with the 1924 immigration law.18 And accepting a status quo would not be in the interests of groups that have recently lost land or numbers; nor is it likely to be acceptable to groups with relatively low numbers and control of resources; nor would a status quo be likely to be acceptable to groups prone to high fertility. And yet, the alternative—that all humans renounce their ethnic group loyalties—seems utopian to say the least.
And given that some ethnic groups—especially ones with high levels of ethnocentrism and mobilization—will undoubtedly continue to function as groups far into the foreseeable future, unilateral renunciation of ethnic loyalties by some groups means only their surrender and defeat—the Darwinian dead end of extinction. The future, then, like the past, will inevitably be a Darwinian competition in which ethnicity plays a very large role.
The alternative faced by Europeans throughout the Western world is to place themselves in a position of enormous vulnerability in which their destinies will be determined by other peoples, many of whom hold deep historically conditioned hatreds toward them. Europeans’ promotion of their own displacement is the ultimate foolishness — an historical mistake of catastrophic proportions.
1. Sobran, J. (1996). The Buchanan frenzy. Sobran’s (March), p. 3
2. Abernethy, Virginia Deane (2004). Arizona Illegals (Letter to the editor), Washington Times, October 1.
3. Salter, F. K. (2004). On Genetic Interests: Family, Ethny, and Humanity in an Age of Mass Migration. Frankfurt Am Main, Germany: Peter Lang.
4. MacDonald, K. B. (2003). Understanding Jewish Activism I: Background Traits for Jewish Activism. The Occidental Quarterly, 3(2),Summer, 5–38.
5.MacDonald, K. B. (2003). Understanding Jewish Activism II: Zionism and the Internal Dynamics of Judaism. The Occidental Quarterly, 3(3), Fall, 15–44.
6. Mahler, R. (1985). Hasidism and the Jewish Enlightenment: Their Confrontation in Galicia and Poland in the First Half of the Nineteenth Century. Philadelphia: Jewish Publication Society of America, p. 17.
7. Shavit, Y. (1988). Jabotinsky and the Revisionist Movement, 1925–1948. London: Frank Cass & Co. Ltd., p. 112.
8. Ibid., p. 116.
9. Wheatcroft, G. (1996). The Controversy of Zion: Jewish Nationalism, the Jewish State, and the Unresolved Jewish Dilemma. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley, p. 207.
10. Armenian archbishop quizzed over spat with yeshiva student. By Amiram Barkat
Oct. 11, 2004. http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/486934.html
11. MacDonald, K. B. (1998/2002). The Culture of Critique: An Evolutionary Analysis of Jewish Involvement in Twentieth-Century Intellectual and Political Movements. Westport, CT: Praeger; paperback version: Bloomington, IN: 1stbooks Library, 2002; MacDonald, K. B. (2003). Understanding Jewish Activism I: Background Traits for Jewish Activism. The Occidental Quarterly, 3(2),Summer, 5–38.
12. D. Fischer (2002). We’re right, the whole world’s wrong. Forward, April 19.
13. MacDonald, K. B. (2003). Understanding Jewish Activism I: Background Traits for Jewish Activism. The Occidental Quarterly, 3(2),Summer, 5–38.
14. Goldberg, J. J. (1996). Jewish Power: Inside the American Jewish Establishment. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley.
15. MacDonald, K. B. (2004). Understanding Jewish Activism III: Neoconservatism As a Jewish Movement. The Occidental Quarterly 4(2), 7–74.
16. MacDonald, K. B. (2003). Understanding Jewish Activism I: Background Traits for Jewish Activism. The Occidental Quarterly 3(2):5–38.
17. Sorkin, A. R. (2004). Schlepping to Moguldom. New York Times, Sept. 5.
18.MacDonald, K. B. (2004).Was the 1924 Immigration Cut-off “Racist”? VDARE (www.vdare.com), June 19, 2004. http://www.vdare.com/misc/macdonald_...mmigration.htm
Wow, the Jack London Literary prize for Dr. MacDonald! Now, THAT's something, coming from the pathologized fringe, eh? This speech should be required reading for all White people. It's too long for the tabloid unless spread over two issues, which isn't very practical until there are a significant number of subscribers.