View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2005 #32
varg

varg

11/07/05, Local6 WKMG [Central FL]

'White Supremacist' Papers Appear At Hundreds Of Homes

POSTED: 5:44 am EST November 7, 2005
UPDATED: 6:39 am EST November 7, 2005

Hundreds of homes in Central Florida received a white supremacist newspaper in their driveways over the weekend, according to Local 6 News.

Homeowners living near the Alexandria Place subdivision near Apopka, Fla., are the latest group to receive the "Aryan Alternative" -- a newspaper filled with words of hate against Jewish people, African Americans and Hispanics.

"I was appalled," resident Connie Miller said. "I was hurt that somebody would violate our neighborhood and put that kind of stuff here."

Several residents were angered that the papers were thrown where children could find them.

"Its upsetting that these people not only that they exist, that they're trying to get their words out there where kids can pick the information up and read it too," a homeowner only identified as James said.

Friday, the same newspaper was delivered to homes in Casselberry, Fla. Also, hundreds of copies of the paper were distributed in Winter Park and Maitland.

Authorities said Todd Vanbiber took responsibility for the August incident.

It's still unclear Vanbiber distributed the newspapers in Apopka and Casselberry, Local 6 News reporter Deborah Garcia said.

"I believe in the First Amendment right, but we didn't ask for the trash to be put in our neighborhood and we don't want it here," Miller said.

Local 6 News reported that it is not illegal to place the newspaper on driveways.

Copyright 2005 by Internet Broadcasting Systems and Local6.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.local6.com/news/5266367/detail.html