Full Thread: #1 Social Media Thread
View Single Post
Old December 9th, 2018 #345
Tyrone White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan View Post
I think/possible VNN host itself on his own server,{ i don't know},It's clearly that Alex is looking for a way to bring a microblog on "air" based on the same rules that counting here on the forum.

I hope that he can take care for it,{so every thought about it is welcome},it would be great to have.
My "attitude" on this is to find whatever is working for someone else, and duplicate it. The DNS name resolution thing, which I understand is the primary power the Registrars have, makes me wonder why a "self-served" website (computer in the corner with an internet connection) couldn't just operate with a "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx." IP Address (whatever the technical name for it is). Once a "Member" has the address, I don't understand why the connection wouldn't be remembered and easy to find.

I guess I challenge the whole idea that a Registrar has any real power at all. I would assume a dissident website/social media platform would want a higher-quality (intellectually) User Base, and the ability to access the site without DNS name resolution seems like an easy way to weed-out the dummies.

Am I wrong here somehow?