Full Thread: Beer review
View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2009 #89
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Grant View Post
First I want to thank you all who provide the ability for us to have a place to go... Your fortitude to press on in this suck of a life that America has become is a godsent and, to me very welcomed.
As i have time now to enjoy my different brews that have adorned the shelves of my local grocery store, I have decied to use it to tell of a new one I have never heard of before... Hoegaarden , a winter brew from belgium I think, is unlike the Sam Adams winter brew and is much better. For even on the bottom there is settelment from the brewing process, I hope. Well ,any way... the brew is a winter style, now that I know what a winter brew tastes like but with body??? I guess.. very good...

Thanks for the review, Ty.

I see you like Anchor Steam. It's one of my favorites. I think I reviewed it on this thread, but if not, I'll get a review up soon.

Yea, the sediment you see on the bottom of the bottle is due to the fact that Hoegaarden (they also brew an excellent summer Wheat beer) is bottle-conditioned, meaning that a bit of live yeast is added during the bottling process, allowing the beer to naturally carbonate.

Many of the better ales/beers do this.

Winter brews are heavy on the malt, so I think you are picking up on that when you describe "with body".