View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2012 #82
Crowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Wagahuski View Post
As opposed to...?

You're demonstrating confusion about the difference between a gun's and/or load's inherent accuracy and marksmanship.

Back to this. The only exceptional quality about the .22 rimfire is that sometimes it tests the rule. The fact that a .22 rimfire can be used with surprising effectiveness in very competent hands is no endorsement for its general acceptance for uses where larger rounds are far better suited.

Do you see?

You're arguing technicalities. I'm arguing pragmatics.
No you are arguing for the sake of arguing, building up one straw man argument after the next.

What I underlined is what I've been suggesting the entire time, is that it can in the right hands be used effectively to kill. After I suggest I would prefer a rifle shooting .22lr to kill someone at a range of 50 yards over a .45 ACP pistol, you pull out a misleading graph showing only a 3" drop, but anyone who shoots pistols knows that getting that kind of range and accuracy out of a .45 ACP is a lucky shot at best. In my experience, I'd be more confident to land a kill shot with a .22lr over a .45ACP pistol at that range. And that is all I'm suggesting.