Full Thread: next toy: Taurus TX22
View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2019 #1
T.Garrett
Banned

Cool next toy: Taurus TX22

Quote:
Taurus unveiled the newest pistol to join their ranks during the recent SHOT SHOW in Vegas – the TX22. A mid-to-full size, .22LR, striker-fired, rimfire pistol. This is an interesting combination, and it is no wonder that it caught the eye (and ear) of professionals and lay people alike.
  • Model: Taurus TX22
  • Caliber: .22LR
  • Capacity: 16+1
  • Action : Blowback
  • Trigger: Pittman Trigger System
  • Overall Length: 7.06 inches
  • Barrel length: 4.10 inches
  • Weight: 17.3 oz
  • Sights – White dot, fixed front, adjustable rear
  • MSRP $349
When developing and constructing this weapon, the company’s goal (they said) was to take some of the advancements made in the field of centerfire pistols and “transfer” them over to a rimfire platform. Another large piece of this puzzle was ergonomics. Taurus has done everything in its power to make this full-size gun accessible to different types of hands and shooters.

Magazine capacity was another serious consideration which they wanted to tackle, since the TX22 has many competitors, and the company wanted to stand out. Having 16+1 rounds is not too typical when it comes to .22LR pistols.

The physical presence of a rim on the .22LR cartridge makes it so a magazine would be difficult to load with more than, say, 10 or 11 rounds.

The company designed a magazine which helped the gun attain a higher-than-average capacity because more firepower is always better than less.

As for the build of the weapon itself, Taurus had certain numbers and metrics that they wanted to hit. Using their knowledge, experience, and wisdom, the company’s engineers were able to produce a firearm that hits all of the “sweet spots” they set out to hit. The TX22’s development lasted a few years because of this process, but the result is a quality firearm which delivers.

The steel barrel is threaded and ready for suppression. The slide is built of 7075 aluminum, with a black hard-coat anodized finish. The frame is polymer with a black matte finish and a short Picatinny rail for optics. There is an ambidextrous magazine release, large trigger guard, a highly-ergonomic contoured, and checkered grip, plus itincludes a pair of 16-round polymer magazines.

I am not exceedingly picky when it comes to triggers, but I do know which ones I dislike. The ~5 lbs trigger pull on the TX22 is one after my own heart, with a clean snap and a short set. It won’t be everyone’s cup of tea, perhaps, but it is always a nice surprise to find a well-made trigger on a $350 gun, right out of the box.

Takedown and maintenance was also in the minds of the Taurus engineers, and they made sure that stripping the pistol can be done easily and quickly. The slide, frame, barrel, and spring disassemble neatly and effortlessly.

Also, Taurus thought of wear and tear on the slide, and in order to stop the slide from being worn out too quickly, they constructed it in a way where the slide engages with the steel part of the frame. A nice touch, for sure.

The TX22 has a couple of safety mechanisms – a trigger safety and firing pin block – plus the option of a manual safety lever on some models.

Incidentally, I read that those with smaller hands may experience some difficulty reaching that manual safety, due to the contour of the grip. But this is just me repeating what I read elsewhere.

The best way to find out if this is the case is to actually wrap your hands cozily around that polymer frame and see for yourself. Experience is the best teacher, as always.
http://gunivore.com/pistol/taurus-tx22-review/

Friends, you know what a pistole like this is made for, with or without the thread on suppression

A buddy purchased one recently and I had the pleasure of accurately popping holes in a police splatterburst silhouette pistol target @25 yards trigger pull is crisp as advertised and there is way less recoil than my Paslode nail gun ...of course if you can't put all 34 rounds (2 16 round mags + 1 in the chamber) in the thorax and head of the target at that distance using the sights on the gun you are either fucking blind or are just a shitty shot. And best of all with the .22LR ammo and suppressor I'm going to buy all you hear is this soft 'pop' when firing a round, not that you need any ear protection anyway with this piece without suppression. Even when used indoors or doing a drive by from a car. Compared with getting your eardrum abused by a 9mm or jeezus, a 12ga semi auto shotgun. Been there, done that don't wanna do it again.

Fun toy, I'm gonna get me one to go varmint huntin in this here urban jungle yeee haaa!

Last edited by T.Garrett; August 8th, 2019 at 10:14 PM. Reason: added new gif