View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2006 #28
Anchorage Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalekite
It's strange that you think so, because TTAL is exactly what TAA reminds me of. The two are almost identical in some respects (e.g. reporting on "hush crimes"). It's always been a mystery to me why people here are so intent on producing their own paper, when they could just be supporting something like The Truth At Last. Why bother producing a paper which effectively brings nothing new to the table?
I get a different impression of TTAL. The syntax in TAA is more wide-open and hard-core. That and the resultant deluge in mainstream publicity is what I think TAA brought to the table. TTAL bears a closer resemblance to our newest resource, The White Patriot Leader. As a matter of fact, One of the reasons TWPL was developed was in response to those who thought TAA was too hard-core, not as a replacement of TAA, but as a supplement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalekite
VNN lost its way when it decided to branch out into "activism." VNN can't be all things to all people, and I'd be very surprised to see VNN become the next NA. It's at its best when it doesn't strive to be anything more than an interesting/entertaining/informative website. Perhaps some book publishing projects might have been in order as well, though I wouldn't expect to see them materialize at this point.
It's unlikely that VNN will become the next NA. NA, like NV, WR, and the NSM are hierarchical dues-paying organizations that go so far as to ask their members not to distribute any other organization's resources, and ask that you get the boss's approval before distributing homemade resources. In contrast, VNN, like Stormfront, is a communications hub designed to promote multiple forms of activism. It serves as a "clearinghouse" where members of different organizations as well as "lone-wolves" can interact and cross-promote different ideas. From this process of cross-fertilization evolved different ideas such as TAA, Goyfire, the VNN Blog (which spawned several localized blogs by individual VNN members), the embryonic VNN Store, and now, TWPL. The free speech atmosphere permitted within VNN naturally promotes a desire for activism.