View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2015 #17
Crowe

A friend of mine got caught poaching deer and got an 18 month sentence and a $5000 fine. He lost all his firearms he had with him as well. So decide whether that risk is worth it or not if you think about doing that. It was something I used to do when I was younger, but I never got caught. The mistake my friend made was he went into unfamiliar territory a few counties over.

The best way to poach deer, is drive around during the middle of the night, like 3am, in a VERY secluded area, wait for one to cross in front of you. They'll usually pause and look right at you. The wing man takes the shot with something like a revolver. A Ruger Blackhawk .357 magnum works fine. Go out, grab the deer, throw it in the back of the truck (quickly), pull off to the side somewhere out of sight, wrap it up in a tarp (unless driving a car with big enough trunk, we used an 85 oldsmobile delta 88.) and get the fuck outta here ASAP. You might need a hand saw(or sawzall) to cut the antlers off if you get a big enough buck. You don't want its profile looking anything like a deer. Been there, done that. Had to pass on a really big buck one time because I knew it wouldn't fit in the trunk of the car we were using. Be smart.

Last edited by Crowe; March 12th, 2015 at 09:59 AM.