View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2018 #40
Alex Linder
Administrator

[what women are actually like. they cannot see themselves for what they are. but men must!]

[a comment from youtube]

I used to work for a vending machine company and one of our locations was an office building that employed all women and one guy. We passed around a menu for everyone to vote on what to put in the vending machine and it came back as all healthy stuff - fruit, nuts, granola bars, juice, meatless jerky, baked chips, stuff like that, except for one vote for peanut M&Ms. I knew that it was the women that voted for all the healthy stuff and the one guy probably voted for the M&Ms, so even though the M&M only got 1 vote, I put a column of those in with all the healthy crap. A week later. Zero sales, except for the M&Ms. The one guy asked me if I could put M&Ms in the machine because he just didn't like the healthy stuff, and I realized he never even got a chance to buy some. All those women who voted for the healthy snacks, bought out the M&Ms before he even got a chance to see them. So I just cleared out the who machine and replaced everything with standard junk food snacks: sodas, candy, chocolate, etc. Another week goes by and there were a lot of sales, a lot of dollars and change to collect. Then I got a complaint that people (the women) complained there were no longer any healthy snacks in the machine, and what's the point of asking everyone what they want if we're just going to put whatever in there. I just told them the truth that no one was buying it. They came back and said something like "Of course we can't buy it if it's not in there,"; an absolute lack of self awareness, logic, or any understanding of how even a marketplace as simple as a vending machine works.