View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2019 #55
Stewart Meadows

The Jewish Week has a very positive article about the jewish transsexual artist Gil Yefman:

Quote:
A Transgender Yarn

Gil Yefman's arresting art knits together issues of gender, Judaism, sexuality.
http://jewishweek.timesofisrael.com/a-transgender-yarn/

Now, I don't want to sound like a "transphobe", but I thought that this part was a bit creepy:

Quote:
I learned that he spent several adolescent years living as a woman before returning to life as a man; these transformations are documented in “Let it Bleed” (Little Big Man, 2016), a book by his sister, New York-based photographer Rona Yefman, that is jam-packed with eye-opening pictures, including some nude ones, of the two siblings experimenting with their gender identities.
So this jewish transsexual's sister made a book that has naked pictures of her and her brother when they "experiment" with their "gender identities"? Good grief.

But hey, at least Yefman honors Shlomocaust victims in his "art":

Quote:
On one table lies elegant French fabric that, upon closer inspection, is patterned with kaleidoscopic images of Holocaust victims in mass graves. On another table, a collection of knitted yarmulkes includes a pink one that looks like a breast with an erect nipple.
Shlomocaust victims in mass graves and yarmulkes that look like a breast with an erect nipple. Now that's tasteful art, folks.