View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2008 #16
Sean Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe86 View Post
a .22 well remind me if im wrong, but, i believe that will penetrate and cause more collatteral damage should the supersonic speed bullet
Actually the reason Americans use the .223 caliber is because a person can carry 3 times as many rounds. In Korea and similar conflicts American soldiers were overrun by gooks and couldn’t shoot all of them with an 8 round garand. They couldn’t carry the massive amounts of rounds needed with the huge 30.06 so they switched to a lighter gun with lighter rounds. This allowed the soldier to carry over a thousand rounds in a battle pack instead of a couple hundred.

The 22 will penetrate a cow or hog skull, which I guarantee, is thicker than a negro’s skull. The reason for design is because the 22 type round (from .223 to 22lr) has a tumble effect. It spins oblong, which causes a larger wound cavity, and it also will ricochet off bone once inside the body and this will cause a round shot in the stomach to end up in the chest or lower intestine.

The important thing about a gun is having one you will have on your person. A $1,200 Kimber 45 is worthless locked up in the gun safe. Most people will carry a 22lr but can’t handle or conceal the larger weapons. An airweight 38 special is a nice carry gun as well. There are some very nice single stack 9mm autos as well that fit easily in the pocket.