View Single Post
Old December 24th, 2003 #33
White Will
Banned

Default "Roger Hughes," another new Covingtonista on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Hughes
Actually, I've noticed that about HAC. Everyone claims to hate him, everyone calls him every name in the book, and yet we're fascinated with him and the one thing we seem unable to do is ignore him. His C-Grams and his articles are circulated all over the internet, people go out of their way to bring his name up and alegedly attack his ideas and yet no one has really ever produced one jot of proof that any of the accusations against him are true.
---

You, sir, have not paid attention. You fall for his "perception is everything" motto. and ignore the fact that I exposed his lies in a libel suit that he ran from like a scared rabbit, preferring instead to try 'Williams v. Covington' on the internet where he could confuse people like you, where he would not have to submit to telling the truth under oath and under penalty of perjury for making false claims, or have to follow established rules of evidence to prove his outrageous claims that I'm "John Doe #2" of OKC-bombing fame, a mailer of package bombs, an arsonist, a serial murderer, a thief, a wife-beating queer, "FBI Special Agent Finchley," etc., etc.

The best defense in a libel suit is that the accused libelee told the truth about the libelant. Why could your Mr. Covington not face his accuser to prove his claims? It's not my place to prove the negative, that I'm not "John Doe #2," it's Covington's job as the defender of his claims to prove that I am what he claims. You, sir, like so many other uncritical boobs, can't handle the truth.

---
If Covington really were this bad hat everyone says he is, why don't we simply disregard him? It seems we just CAN'T, which indicates to me that he is a far more significant personality in our Movement than anyone gives him credit for being.
You are either a blind fool or a Covingtonista, or Covington himself, "Roger Hughes," -- I suspect one of the latter. If the former, you would disregard a rabid dog in your neighborhood, until he's gnawing on your own leg, that is.

[kerplop!]