Full Thread: Sue Grafton Dead
View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2018 #3
Susan

Grail, the best way to read the series, of course, is to start at the beginning because there are a number of side stories going on and everything progresses in order. Kinsey has relationships with ex husbands, two police officers she works with, a 90+ year old landlord/neighbor, etc. and I went back a second time and reread the whole series in order after I read it out of order the first time. The landlord/neighbor is just a friend and confidante but he is a neat character.

Do you have Goodwill stores near you? I can usually find one to three different books there each time I go.

The first ones were very good. But there are some in the middle that are really good. I'll have to look at the book s again to remind myself which are the really good ones.

It's just escapist reading, but its just so well written.

You really can't go wrong with any, but it makes sense to read them in order because Kinsey has ex husbands, and three on again off again relationships with men she works with because of her job.

I was hoping Sue would let her end up with one of the men in the last book, but now that is not to be.

Oh, you can also buy anthologies of the first 9 or 12 books in groups of three. The first is A, B and C. The second is D, E and F...and so on.

Let me know what you think about my suggestions.