View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2018 #48
Tom Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
I thought it was out of date when it was published in 1988 it is now 2018.If it's purpose is to inform people about Tyndall then yes it serves it's purpose if it is to espouse a political philosophy suitable for application in 2018 then it does not.
To recommend it to anyone outside of the movement is the mark of the bogus and the crackpots.
Of course we would do better to rely on up-to-date information and not afford undue reverence to books of the past. At the same time, we need a unifying set of ideas, a common understanding, a vision and a goal, even a mythos. All books need to be considered in context, but Tyndall's book covers the essentials of what it means to be a British ethno-nationalist and, in my opinion, the general points of the book remain relevant; and in my view, Tyndall was correct on most (but not all) the subjects he covered. I wouldn't personally have recommended the book - the thought would not have occurred to me - but I see no harm in it. It is not the mark of the bogus or crackpots, in my view. John Tyndall was not, in his mature years, either of those things, nor are people who read and like the book on its own merits.