Full Thread: #1 Christianity Thread
View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2011 #41
procopius

[quote=Fred Streed;1227742][quote=procopius;1227688] In the western world, we see living man as a perfection (even to a fault), this is why the Ancient Greeks saw the Gods (Idols, Statues) as a reflection of themselves.
Quote:

If one accepts the concept of evolution as probable then one must also accept that it didn't stop with the creation of modern man. That is why it is wrong to think of modern man as "perfection". Not to mention the evidence that modern man is actively devolving. The xtian tendency to believe we are unchanging leads them to feel they have no responsibility for the future. Their stated concern is with an afterlife. Pagans at least seemed to focus their efforts in this world, which is after all the only one we can ever know as long as we are alive.

Western man undoubtedly has historically seen himself as an end, and he tends to create gods as a reflection of himself, with that I have no disagreement. But that does not make that view correct. If scientific thought of the last couple centuries means anything at all, it means that we must understand evolution is an ongoing process. Things change, including us.

That is not vaguely evolutionary/Darwinist. It is bluntly and plainly evolutionist and Darwinian. And Buddhist Theory, whatever that is, has nothing to do with it.
I'm confused are you an atheist or a Pagan?

You seem to believe in evolution as an atheist does to explain the "Creation" of man. The Norse Pagans did not believe that, they believed that their Gods created them. I don't want to get into a discussion on evolution, I'm just pointing that out.