Full Thread: #1 Garden Thread
View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2009 #90
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

You know it's not so wierd where I live which is just a normal suburb in flyover midwest. Out of six dwellings on this street three have vegetable gardens. Mine sucks compared to my two neighbors, both engineers, you can imagine what a vegetable garden can look like when some engineer takes that on as a hobby.

In these parts, I remember always growing up, in July everybody seems to have tomatoes and nobody buys them at the store. We get a lot of peppers and cucumbers too, from neighbors, who give me vegies even though I know I grow them too. Sort of have to eat crow on that. But my kids pluck the cherry tomatoes right off the vine and most of those never make it in the house. The strawberries same. I need a big strawberry patch, now I just got part of two 4x8 beds. Cool thing strawberry can grow in partial shade. Though it wont yield as much. Makes good cover, even just for landscaping.

If the SHTF though I'm going warlord though. I wouldnt be able to survive on my sorry gardening skills. Luckily I have other talents. LOL