View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2014 #62
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by John MacMillan View Post
That was a good read, Alex. I look forward to more in the future.
Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.

Here's my thinking. Sports is akin to movies. Movie reviews are a proven to get people reading our stuff before they realize our perspective. That's an extremely effective way to penetrate a mind before they clamp down and reject our position. The verbal equivalent of the scene in Cabaret where they pull the camera back to reveal the sweetly singing boy is...gasp...a Nazi! They liked what a Nazi was doing! The Nazi was wholesome! No fair! You tricked us!

It scares them. But it wakes them too. Some of them. It never feels good to think you're wrong. You feel like a fool for being tricked. You feel angry about being lied to. That's how I felt about professional conservatives and the individualism they'd sold me after I lived in D.C. around blacks and saw the truth.

White men watch a lot of sports. There is a huge amount of debate over the types of things I mentioned in the review. Very few take the white side - openly. Of course, the other side accuses those who don't take the leftist position of being racist. But in my case, they're actually right.

It's a new approach that might be worth a little something.

I will certainly write on NFL stuff regularly, altho only game left this year.