View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2008 #26
Alex Linder
Administrator

[College student's free speech opinion, followed by my letter to McGill Tribune (typo left in)]

TINTED GLASSES: A real education includes free speech

Kat Gibson
Issue date: 3/18/08 Section: Opinion

If I was so inclined, this column could abuse the government. It could articulate the most distasteful opinions around; it could even call for a collective uprising against the authorities-and no one could do anything about it. I can say pretty much whatever I want, because that is part of what being a Canadian is about. Freedom of expression is, for better or worse, a fundamental part of Western democracy and civilization. We hold our right to free speech as dear as we hold our right to due process-and any perceived challenge to said rights arouses fierce opposition and fury. For proof of this one need look no farther than McMaster University, the site of a recent free speech rally following the university's controversial decision to prohibit the display of a banner containing the words "Israel Apartheid."

The event does raise some crucial questions about free speech on university campuses. A university should ideally be an inclusive environment that fosters open discourse and fruitful academic debate based on mutual respect. The expression of certain sentiments and opinions may detract from-rather than add to-this mission. Ironically, however, when universities choose to prohibit free expression in order to stop protest, they usually end up causing it.

http://www.mcgilltribune.com/home/in...6-5a68e6430675

There's no such thing as hate speech. There's either free speech or censorship.

Hate speech laws were created by jews to ban all criticism of themselves.

Canada in fact does not have free speech, far from it. It has witch hunts carried out by "human rights" commissions pointed in the right direction by the Canadian Jewish Congress and its catspaws such as Richard Warman.

Men who have been fined or imprisoned for using their speech to criticize jews or minority groups use[d by jews] to destroy the White majority include:

Paul Fromm
Tom Winnicki
Terry Tremaine
Philippe Rushton
Ciaran Donnelly
Jason Ouwendyk
Jessica Beaumont
Alexan Kulbashian
Stephen Boissoin
Melissa Guille
Bill Noble

More free-speech martyrs here:

http://vnnforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87

Yes, all these men and women have been fined, jailed or had their credentials yanked for nothing more than criticizing jews or saying things jews don't want said. In other words, for protecting their own people: the Whites who founded and formed Canada. Go ahead and google their names.

Ms Gibson, there is no basis whatsoever for your claim that Canadians enjoy free speech.