Full Thread: "Alone" Reality Show
View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2015 #16
keifer

Even if all you did was sit next to a tree for a week this objective is certainly not out of reach to the average person. Seems like at least once or twice a year some kid gets lost in a national park and survives. In other words, what a guy thinks he knows could very well end up being what takes him down. If nothing else than it expends calories and hydration. For that kind of money I would gladly deal with giardia. As I understand it, correct me if I am wrong, as if I have to give you permission to do so anyway, water born diseases take time to affect, some times days or weeks. The bottom line in survival is that if things are that desparate then drink the damn water. If you don't you die. If you do drink you just might make it and get buy with only wishing you were dead instead of being dead. I have not seen this show but it sounds rigged. If this show is an accurate depiction of real life then alot more people would be dead. In fact, humans would not be around today to argue about it.

The Rule of 3's
3 minutes without air.
3 hours in the elements(Extreme hot/cold).
3 days without water.
3 weeks without food.
3 months without sociolization. (Madness)