Full Thread: I, Tonya
View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2018 #8
Randolph Dilloway
Banned

Quote:
This is a film about Tonya Harding, and it's personal for me. I remember her claim to fame, and my mother became addicted to watching figure skating at that time, becoming a Nancy Kerrigan groupie.
I avoided the movie because I thought it would be sleaze, but I, Tonya is actually a good film and will give WN some food for thought.
Thankyou for the heads up. Kind of personal for me too.

The figure skating Olympic trials, where the infamous incident took place was just two blocks from the hotel I worked at as a bellman at nights, finishing my college degree by day.

And yes, it was a big deal back then. National news. Everyone talking about it in the hotel lobby.

Quote:
These two films have been called movies of the Trump era, which shows what the ruling class thinks of us, much like the Clint Eastwood film Gran Torino, with its love of Laotians and Clint dying for them, was called the first movie of the Obama era.
Finally watched that flick last year.

My favorite scene was when the Clint Eastwood character saved a white female cornered on a street corner in Detroit by three nigger thugs.

Lived near that neighborhood for seven years. Probably walked past that street corner a hundred times getting exercise. Can tell you there has not been an unaccompanied white female walking in that neighborhood since the '67 nigger riot.

My uncle Bud was an officer in the Michigan National Guard back in 1967. He hates niggers and was looking forward to shooting a few dozen of them. Uncle Bud never forgave Gov. George Rommey for taking away their ammo. Once the niggers found that out, blocks of Detroit burned down. Today, the main street through that area is named Rosa Parks Blvd

Last edited by Randolph Dilloway; February 8th, 2018 at 09:12 PM.