View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2013 #206
Alexander M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.N. Dalvez View Post
But I think the idea of banning a name is stupid. People should be free to choose whatever names (whether stupid, Semitic or otherwise) they want; they should also be free to deal with the consequences.
The Jacksun Also Rises

Ever since childhood I’ve heard that the blacks were good entertainers. As I lurch deeper into adulthood, I confess that I find few things in life more entertaining than the names black people give themselves and their children. Besides basketball, I think we can all agree that coming up with creative names is a craft at which blacks are superior to all other races. When people say there haven’t been many black inventors, they ignore all the great names that black people have invented.

Having said that, I also feel that American blacks would be better served were they to channel their abundant creative energies into other fields such as engineering and microbiology. I also feel that by consciously giving themselves ever-blacker names over the past generation or two, black people are practicing a form of linguistic segregation that may be impeding them from living up to their full potential in this society, whatever that potential may be.

http://takimag.com/article/the_jacks...#axzz2NAyLvmlm