Full Thread: #1 Louisville Thread
View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2006 #3
Demonica

Default Louisville KY to Derby cruising niggers:Fuck Off

I know it's a little outdated, but I was offline and unable to post when this joyous event occured. I can't recall seeing anything on TV as hilarious as the live niggerwhining on Derby night because nigs weren't allowed to commit TNB en masse. All the video footage showed White cops telling niggers to leave and some being arrested. Then they would cut to footage of Whites sipping mint juleps and having a grand time. I'm proud of Louisville for standing up to these savage beasts and ruining their weekend

http://www.whas11.com/derbyifyougo/s....57d1d488.html
LOUISVILLE, Ky. : Louisville is kicking Kentucky Derby weekend cruising to the curb.

Mayor Jerry Abramson said Monday that police will turn away the thousands of revelers, out-of-towners and souped-up cars that show up each year to roll down downtown Louisville's main drag. The partiers along Broadway couldn't care less about the horse race across town.

Abramson said the cruising, which has grown in popularity in recent years, has also become more dangerous.

"For the safety of our citizens, we must -- and we will -- end Derby weekend cruising," Abramson said.

Four people were shot, one fatally, and there were 65 arrests during the weekend of cruising last year. Abramson last year noted the increased rowdiness and said changes needed to be made.

Police said they plan to strictly enforce local ordinances and laws against public drinking, disorderly behavior and loitering.

"We cannot reasonably assure the safety of the participants and residents in this kind of environment," Louisville police chief Robert White said Monday.

But community activists and local residents said they feel that cruisers will still show up the first weekend of May.

"I haven't ever seen cruising as being a problem, personally," said J.T. Woods, a factory worker who hosts a weekly radio call-in show in western Louisville. Woods said "99 percent" of the participants in the cruise are law-abiding citizens.

"You got certain type of characters that show up at certain events -- and things are going to happen," Woods said. "But would you shut down the whole thing simply because you deem it could be attracting those type of people?"

LaQuita Washington, a local preacher in western Louisville, said she believes trying to force an end to cruising will wreak more havoc.

"I know the mayor means well, and I agree it has become a safety issue, but I think they're going about it the wrong way," she said. Washington had worked with city leaders in the past to set up a vendor's market in the cruising area.

Washington and others suggested city leaders pursue an alternative event to divert attention from downtown cruising.

The city spent $325,000 in 2001 to organize concerts at Freedom Hall with that in mind, but attendance lagged. Louis Coleman, a local activist, said that's the because the acts didn't appeal to youths and the events were held outside the western Louisville area.

"If you take something away, put something in its place, because there is absolutely zero local entertainment that is provided by the power structure in this city," Coleman said.

Chief White said officers will divert traffic from west Broadway and keep vehicles flowing on streets that intersect the main drag. Police said they also will limit pedestrian traffic in the area. Motorists who block the flow of traffic will be arrested, police said.

Police sought advice from departments in Atlanta, Miami and Virginia Beach to come up with the policy, White said.

Last year, Van Edward Davis, 29, of Ohio, was shot several times during cruising and later died. Three other nonfatal shootings were reported the first night of cruising.