View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2006 #89
Ironguard1940

Default VNNF member's letters-to-editor published

This LTE appeared in the Wednesday, May 10, 2006 edition of the Farmville Herald regarding Ron Doggett, SA Mann and myself demonstrating against the Faith and Politics Institute's 'pligrimage' to Prince Edward County for reconciliation (White guilt trip) due to that county's schools closing for 5 years rather than integrate.

Pilgrimage Should Also
Be Labeled Outsiders

Editor, The Herald:
This is in response to Wake up, This is 2006', get a life, by Caria Cupp of Rice. I will never be ashamed of standing up for my race, which I and two other White men did on April 30. Despite what spin is put on it by the Faith and Politics Institute, George Allen, John Lewis or anyone else, integration was really never accepted by the vast majority of White Americans in 1954 when the Brown vs. Board of Education decision forced Whites to have to go to school with Negroes. Integration is not really accepted today by the majority of White Americans either. Most Whites simply tolerate it because it is now the law of the land. It was not always this way though. Segregation was the law of the land 52 years ago, but these laws were made by people representing the White majority. Only by the courts forcing integration upon the White South were segregation laws overturned. Integrated schools have a much lower standard of learning and a higher level of violence, especially Black-on-White violence, than segregated schools ever did. Whites have voted with their feet and self-segregated themselves ever since Brown was rammed down their throats. Literally hundreds of millions of White lives have been affected negatively by integration.
The editor of this paper (The Farmville Herald) is so moved by the stories of a few hundred Negroes that were affected by Prince Edward County closing their schools for five years, even though the schools (for blacks) would have stayed open if integration was not forced upon the county. These Negroes would have received an education, but the federal government ruined that. I wonder if he would be so affected by the horror stories of 100 million Whites who have had integration forced upon them. The parents had a problem with integration, and rightfully so. Most of the children that had to endure forced integration had problems with it as well. As to your opinion that the rest of the nation do not agree with us: most Whites that can live wherever they want to live in a mostly White area. Do not be fooled by what people say, look at their actions. Most Whites (and Negroes as well) do not look favorably on forced integration, which is what all integration is, that is, forced. By the way, all three of us are from Virginia, which is more than I can say for Senators Allen and Lewis and the Faith and Politics Institute. So if you want to label us outsiders, you must also label as outsiders the ones who brought this White guilt pilgrimage to Farmville. Lastly, I am glad Caria has moved from Richmond as the I. Q. level has increased substantially and I feel much safer.

Walter Ring
Richmond

(Editor's note: My public school experience actually included the court-ordered busing-to-achieve-integration era. During those years, over 80 percent of my classmates were black and it deepened my belief that people are people and that skin pigmentation doesn't matter at all).
---------------------------------------------------------------------
This LTE appeared in the May 12 edition of the Southside Messenger, a newspaper out of Keysville, VA, a small town not far from Farmville.

Letters To The Editor

Dear Editor:

Thursday, May 11, 2006 3:23 PM EDT

I am the person holding the Confederate Flag and the sign "never accept integration" in the picture that accompanied this article. I must say, the article was very biased and full of omissions and errors.

First of all, none of the three of us EVER claimed to be local residents. I am from Henrico County, Ron Doggett is from Henrico County as well and Tim Hatley is from Mecklenburg County. However, I do not see what difference this makes since Senators George Allen and John Lewis are not even from Virginia. In fact, the Faith and Politics Institute is from Washington, DC. Integration was and still is a national issue and Prince Edward County is a national symbol of segregation and defiance to the feds telling white people they have to go to school with negroes. Besides, this is America and anyone can demonstrate anywhere for or against anything.

Second, we never told anyone we were with any group, but that we were independent pro-white activists. The police had to outnumber us three to one because negroes like the four that you claimed to have told us "nothing but love here" cursed at us, called us epithets including racial names and threatened us with physical violence. However, we were prepared to defend ourselves and would have if necessary. I believe in the First Amendment and the people that talked with us and demonstrated against us in a peaceful manner had every right to do so. However, threats of violence will never be accepted by me or any other pro-white activist.

Third, there were at least as many people that supported us as those that opposed us, but the ones that opposed us were far more vocal. It's funny. Media like this paper think we are relics from the past and outdated racists that cannot be taken seriously. If this is the case, how come so much attention is given to pointing out how wrong we are? If we really are relics and no one cares what we think, why not ignore us? You cannot, because the vast majority of Americans really have never accepted integration, they just go along with because it was ordered upon them by decree and the courts. White Southern Solidarity.

Walter Ring

Richmond (Henrico County), VA

Editor's Note: 1) A Southside Messenger reporter heard the men claiming to be local. 2) A simple internet search reveals that the men all have ties to various racist groups. 3) There was no public display of support for the protesters. If there were supporters, they were either not vocal or not present as we talked with people at the scene. 4) We did not ignore the presence of the protesters because a protest is news and local residents have a right to know what is happening in the community. 5) No reporter witnessed threats against the protesters.