View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2008 #58
RebelWithACause
¡Confíeme en!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracker oftheWhip View Post
I recently decided that it was time to get rid of the extra pounds that I was carrying and have changed my diet drastically. Gone are the daily breakfast/lunch trips to some fast food place, gone are the near daily intake of junk food. I’ve gone the organic route for several weeks now along with a weight lifting regimen 3 days a week and have lost several pounds thus far. So, with that said I’d like to pose a question or two to anybody that can answer.

I’d have no problem with eating the same foods everyday and such a diet would be a lot easier to keep stocked and quickly prepared.
Is there a fixed daily meal plan that I could follow that would provide all the essential nutrients for building muscle?
Is there an accurate method to determine how many calories I should consume to keep from gaining fat again?
I’ve read that high reps with low weights tones the muscles and low reps with high reps builds muscle but is there any truth to that or does weight lifting gain muscle mass regardless?
At the moment I’m on a full body workout covering the muscles groups of the chest, shoulders, arms, legs and abs. I’m lifting as much as I can for 2 sets of 12 on an average of about 4 exercises per muscle group. Should I do anything differently?
One of the reasons why I stopped posting in the Fitness area on Stormfront is because of all of the armchair 'experts' that absolutely KNOW they are the end-all, be-all authority on whatever it is they're posting about.

Simply put - I got tired of people that were full of shit.

There's no easy answer to give you. Personally, I'd suggest against a full body workout and go to a 5 or 6-day workout schedule that hits something different every day.

A lot of this stuff is 'personal preference' as everyone's body is different and will react differently to the same workout/diet plan.

I strongly suggest you go to bodybuilding.com and use their excellent search engine for their site to find the information that will work for you. Their site provides a valuable resource for me on a daily basis.

(They also have online calculators to help you figure out your optimum caloric intake, etc. Just keep in mind that everyone is different and there's no such thing as a cookie-cutter plan that helps and works for everyone. You're going to need to play with different things to see what works for you.)

Above all - keep a written log and journal of your nutrition, workouts, and stats. It helps you maintain focus and it also lets you look back to see what was really working and what wasn't. (Providing you include complete data.)