Full Thread: college
View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2010 #60
P.E.
Geriatric Coalburner

An absurd waste of time.

Pretty much every degree can be learned on your own time nowadays. Even computer programming.

I contemplated a degree in physics, thinking maybe it would be "cool" to get a doctorate in such a brainy topic. Maybe I'd have some insight into creating something amazing.

Then I look at all of these physicists in academia, who are left-brained chalkboard drones that never do anything. The ones at that CERN overpriced particle accelerator, whoopdie doo. Let's draw up giant bullshit math equations while we look for this Higgs particle. Seriously, with the money going into these things, I think it's more of a racket than anything that these "scientists" think would actually bear any fruits.

Modern Physics isn't worth it, along with the rest of the college degrees these days, YES, including the ones in the science, which are mostly bullshit science, which is why you don't see any real advancements. Waste of time. I suppose we should let the Germans rebuild and get a hardass dictator again that will fund public works and real scientific advancement that can be seen in the real world, so society can advance as soon as we conquer them and do Operation Paperclip 2.0.

Instead of this bloated bureaucratic joke today where the "cutting edge" of science and technology is the 200th space shuttle trip... uh.... with WWII German rocket technology.

Neato.

I'd gladly go to college and bust my ass for a doctorate, if I could find an area worth it, where I didn't feel like I'm twiddling my thumbs to be on track for a life of chalkboard-dwelling retardation. Yeah... That's not an exciting enough motivator.