View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2009 #9
Tom McReen

Quote:
Brazil teen 'killer' investigated

Police in Brazil are investigating claims by a 16-year-old boy that he has murdered 12 people.

The boy made the claim after being arrested on suspicion of murder last week in the southern city of Novo Hamburgo, its police commissioner said. The teenager's identity has not been revealed because he is a minor.

Police said the boy claimed he had killed in fits of rage or to get revenge and in one case because someone wanted to date his sister.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7320559.stm

Quote:
Brazil 'serial killer' convicted

A Brazilian man believed to be one of the country's worst serial killers has been convicted of murder.

Francisco das Chagas was sentenced to 20 years in jail for murdering 15-year-old Jonathan Silva Vieira.

He pleaded guilty to the charge, but is yet to stand trial for the deaths of another 41 people.

In court, Chagas said he had been the victim of sexual abuse when he was a child, and that the memory of his abuser had driven him to kill.

The case has been vigorously pursued by human rights groups, who have accused the police of negligence.

They say officers would have acted with greater urgency if the victims had been rich rather than poor.

Earlier in the week, Chagas, a bicycle mechanic, told the court in the state of Maranhao that he had strangled Jonathan - but he denied hitting him, raping him, or mutilating his body.

He also reportedly told the judge he had killed 30 boys - not the 42 the police say he has confessed to.

The other 41 victims Chagas is accused of murdering were all boys and teenagers. Reports have suggested that all his victims were castrated.

In a 2004 interview with the BBC, Chagas said he had killed the boys because "... something was guiding me, directing me. It was like a voice in my head. And it was that thing - the voice - that determined what happened".

He will stand trial for other killings early next year.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6086128.stm

'Gentiles are supernal garbage' - Rabbi Schneur Zalman, founder of Chabad-Lubavitch.