View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2021 #15
Stewart Meadows

Over-the-top pro-vaccine propaganda from RT:

Quote:
I’m 39 & I’ll happily take the AstraZeneca vaccine. With only a one in a MILLION chance of a fatal blood clot, I’d be mad not to

Chris Sweeney is an author and columnist who has written for newspapers such as The Times, Daily Express, The Sun and Daily Record, along with several international-selling magazines.

8 Apr, 2021 13:52 / Updated 7 hours ago

With 19 UK blood clot deaths linked to the AstraZeneca vaccine, Britain has decided to offer under 30s alternatives. As someone who won’t get a choice, I can say categorically I have no problem taking it. Here’s why.

“Absolutely.” That would be my answer if asked whether I would take the AstraZeneca vaccine. And it’s actually a decision I might have to make for real shortly.
(...)
In my opinion, there has been too much ‘citizen epidemiology' in the UK, and most of it from the younger generation. Personally, I know several people who’ve flown away on holidays during this ordeal because they aren’t in a high-risk category. I’ve listened to many others complain about how everything has to reopen to restart normal life.

In London, from my experience, the most common rule-breakers and people who flout social distancing are again the under-30s. That dismissive attitude is one reason why Britain’s battle with Covid-19 has been so harrowing.
(...)
What all these unrelated facts illustrate is that many activities or behaviours incur risk. Ill-health is a burden to all of society and sadly disproportionally affects poorer people, but Covid-19 is a leveller in some ways as it’s so pervasive. We all share the same spaces, so we are each other’s best form of defence, but also our most dangerous risk of infection.

That is why I feel it is everyone’s civic duty to take an approved vaccine, whatever is on the label.

Doctors, nurses and scientists have all been working tirelessly to help those struck by Covid-19 and prevent more infections. Britain has witnessed far too many early deaths to start playing Russian roulette over which form of protection we take.

Our society is spoilt. Can you imagine ordinary people in comparatively poor nations, who are simply thankful for a square meal, refusing a professionally approved vaccine due to alarmists on social media whipping up fear and spreading conspiracy theories?

There is no big secret to debunk. A very small percentage of people took the AstraZeneca jab and developed fatal blood clots. But a massive number of people have died from Covid-19.

So, to countenance skipping vaccination until your desired brand is on offer is beyond selfish. You’ll never know how many people you have infected if you do catch the virus. And you’ll also be blindly ignorant to how many of those died and passed it onto others.
https://www.rt.com/op-ed/520474-astr...al-blood-clot/

These people are sick in the head.