View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2009 #53
Hunter Wallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Parker View Post
That’s exactly the wrong analogy, and it shows why all the essays are just cloning themselves and generating more essays, not inspiring practical action in the real world such as Alex proposes.
1.) Did you listen to the Kevin MacDonald interview? He supports practical action in the real world. In fact, MacDonald attended an actual protest quite recently. He was out there carrying a sign.

2.) I support practical action. In the Deep South, I think an activist organization could work. It could get the attention of explicit Whites who have never heard of White Nationalism. In other parts of the country, activism will just result in more ritual shaming. It will drive sympathizers deeper into the closet.

3.) If Alex wants to engage in practical action, why doesn't he take his own advice? I haven't seen any follow up to the Knoxville rally. What about Rounder? Why isn't he organizing street level protests in Missouri? It is one thing to say we need more real world activism. It is another to get out there and actually do it.

4.) I'm willing to participate in any street level protest in my local area.

5.) We also need those essays. They change minds. In the MacDonald interview, a caller said his view of the Jewish Question had been changed by reading a MacDonald essay.

6.) Alex is a writer. That's his strength. Unfortunately, I don't see him writing much either. He has abandoned the VNN frontpage to Socrates. I'm running two daily blogs. I'm getting published by TOQ Online and Amren. I even find the time to post here and respond to you guys.

7.) Did you know that Greg Johnson has close ties to the BANA people who protest out in California?

Quote:
The essay can inform, but can it convey courage?
Essays can definitely reach people who have courage. William Pierce wrote The Turner Diaries. He inspired Tim McVeigh to blow up the federal building in Oklahoma City. He inspired Bob Mathews and The Order.

Quote:
When those Jews were writing essays, other Jews were doing political agitation, running civil rights and labor orgs and litigating at every level.
That's true. The Jews did it the smart way though. They didn't have their best scholars out there organizing street protests. They didn't have their best writers holding up signs and going to jail. Instead, the Jews contributed in their own way: the rich Jews donated money, the academics wrote destructive texts, the journalists pumped out destructive memes, the producers made popular films, etc.

This much is clear: Alex is a better writer than a speaker. He is better at writing than fundraising or organizing protests. He should stick to doing what he does best. Unfortunately, he seems to have lost interest in even doing that.

Quote:
They didn’t face the risks WN do today: the authorities didn’t terrorize them and, as E. Michael Jones has shown, much of the WASP establishment actually supported them for their own misguided reasons.
Not true. Jews were thrown in prison under both Red Scares. They were prosecuted under the Smith Act.

Quote:
If there’s an apt Jewish analogy to WN it’s the Bolsheviks in Russia, who were in a real fight. The one guy at TOQ who gets this is VNN alum O’Meara, who understands something more than intellect needs to be engaged.
Michael O'Meara writes books and essays. I've met him in person before. I wonder what he thinks of Linder's attacks on Greg Johnson.

"A functioning police state needs no police."
—William Borroughs