Full Thread: Audio
View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2015 #198
Sean Gruber

Quote:
I would no doubt be able to cite examples of traditional architects with barnyard sexual morals who designed beautiful traditional buildings. What would Jones say about that? That only some libertines are driven by the need to justify in their professional work their private sexual behavior? Whereas others make a divorce? I've known plenty of jews who were personally quite conservative, including on sexual matters, who nevertheless advocated all the destructive politics and policies that add up to judeo-modernity.
Jones does seem to be cherry-picking his examples of sex deviants who became culture perverters. That's kind of hidden because they're central figures in some modern trends (Picasso Gropius etc).

As you suggested in an earlier chapter in the Living Machines series, this cherry-picking would go hand-in-hand with Jones's religious "knowledge-as-revelation" orientation. That is, one begins with an a priori "revealed" thesis, one goes hunting for examples of it and ignores contrary examples if necessary. That seems to be his procedure sometimes, but maybe he knows more than he's explaining. I don't know.

Less talk, more action

Last edited by Sean Gruber; January 9th, 2015 at 04:01 PM.