Full Thread: Mission for This Forum
View Single Post
Old July 31st, 2013 #10
Serbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas777 View Post
My own opinion is that the most solid Nationalist state in the West in recent memory was Tudjman's Croatia - but the situation in Croatia post-Tudjman to the present is complicated and the country has, so to speak, lost the fervent momentum that was present in the war torn 1990s. But this is probably not a topic for this thread.

Well it is much easier when you have the backing of ambassador Galbraith and the Clinton administration. See plans and preparations for Opeartion Storm and the late Richard Holbrooke's quote referring to Tudjman's Croatia as 'our junkyard dog in the region'.

Now maybe eventually down the road Tudjman too would have gotten similar treatment as Milosevic, when the war ended and he was no longer of use to Washington, had he not died of course. Although even this is a little doubtful due to the fact that he had the power to incriminate the Americans if they ever charged and extradited him to stand trial at the hague, so it would have been politically problematic for the West/NATO to say the least.

Nevertheleas we see today that there is definitely a deTudjmanization process going on in Croatia as he represents a past which the new 'democratic' EU govt of Croatia would like to sweep under the rug and forget.

I would say that the West probably looked on Tudjman as a kind of necessary 'evil'. They were certainly against his actions of supporting Bosnian Croats against muslims (pressuring him into signing the Washington Agreement Vasingtonski Sporzum in March 1994) but when it came to fighting Serbs, including sending his regular Croatian Army into Bosnia to clash with local BSA, they backed him 100%. All in all he was a mixed bag.

I would personally cite Radovan Karadzic as a much better example of someone who the System really wanted to get rid off from the get go, but I know that obviously you would disagree.

Tudjman. the Tito wannabe, could be compared more to Pinochet than say Hitler or Mussolini, drawing support from Thatcher and similar conservative circles just like Augusto, however unlike with Pinochet the global Left was silent, not making an issue out of him.

Anyway I'm sure that we would have seen a real Milosevic-Tudjman pact, (something similar to the much hysterically hyped 'smoking gun' in Western circles, Karadjordjevo Agreement) its main function being the humane and civilized division of Bosnia between Serbs and Croats including peaceful transfer of populations, had the West not interfered. After all Tudjman and Milosevic had more in common than what one may think just by looking at the surface of our problem. For a start they were both ex commies who understood each other perfectly.

''Screw your optics, I'm going in'', American hero Robert Gregory Bowers