Full Thread: Arthur Topham (Canada)
View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2012 #12
Alex Linder
Administrator

[Paul Fromm]

Update on the Arthur Topham Internet Free Speech Case With Introduction by Terry Long

For perspective on this case, I attended the first high profile "hate" case in Canada in 1984 involving the prosecution of Eckville, Alberta, school teacher James Keegstra in 1984 in Red Deer, Alberta. Keegstra was charged at the time with "Willful Promotion of Hatred Against an Identifiable Group" [Sec. 319 of the Criminal Code] to wit the Jews by teaching, among other things, in his classroom that the socalled "Holocaust" was "exaggerated".

Duriing and even before the trial, the media slandered Keegstra like he was the devil incarnate to the extent that he was essentially convicted by the media before he ever entered the courtroom. To add to the aire of alarm, the Mounties even had sharpshooters on the roof of the courthouse during the trial and even for the preliminary hearing to let people know what a potential "terrorist" this guy Keegstra was. At the end of the trial and in his final address to the jury, the presiding judge stated "The truth is not an issue in this case". It was a railroad job from day one.

Keegstra was finally convicted, lost his career and standing in the community and spent his life savings appealing thrhough the court system until the decision was finally overturned in the Supreme Court of Canada. As Arthur Topham has stated "the porcess is the punishment".

Contrast Keegstra's trial with that of Arthur Topham. The media coverage is nil or minimal. The public approbation is also minimal and the Judge in this case is actually civilized and professional. Methinks our Jewish masters have finally overreached or are getting close to doing so.

Terry Long

[Terry Long was a victim of "hate charges" by the Alberta Human Rights Commission in the 1980s.]

Dear Free Speech Supporters,

Here is the second update on my case. I was in court yesterday in Quesnel.

Please pass it along and/or if you can post it to whatever site or group that you can.

For Peace & Justice for all,

Arthur Topham
Editor
RadicalPress.com
----------------------
http://www.radicalpress.com/?p=1416
Radical Press Legal Update #2
November 14th, 2012

Dear Freedom of Speech supporters,

This is the the second Legal Update from RadicalPress.com regarding my pending Sec. 319(2) CC “Willful Promotion of Hatred” court case initiated by Richard Warman and Harry
Abrams on behalf of their taskmaster, B’nai Brith Canada.

Allow me first to say that I am thankful for the opportunity to be still able to post this update on my website without fear of the thought police commissars busting down my door at midnight and hauling me away to some jail cell. Big thanks to my lawyer Douglas Christie for his professional assistance in court yesterday (Tuesday, November 13, 2002) via telephone from his Victoria, B.C. office.

The purpose of yesterday’s court proceedings was to set further court dates in order to deal with two outstanding issues:

1. To argue the issue of what if any restrictions should be imposed on my ability to communicate on the internet.

2. To ask that a clone of the hard drive of one of my Mac computers be returned to my lawyer so that we would have all the necessary information to use in my defense.
Let me elaborate a bit here on what transpired during this session before the representatives of the Queen of England aka “Regina”, aka “the Crown”.

First off with respect to the Honourable Justice Morgan who has been overseeing these proceedings during most of my appearances.

Judge Morgan has, up to this point, behaved in a most exemplary manner toward myself and my lawyer Doug Christie, treating both of us in a respectful manner and in the case of myself, when Doug is not able to be there either by phone or in person, the Judge has been most helpful in pointing out my legal rights and making practical, helpful suggestions.
On the other hand, when it comes to Crown council Jennifer Johnston, I am witnessing a person who has been pursuing this case in a most aggressive and fiercely relentless manner since the start.

Granted she is young and in all likelihood as unaware of what the issue is as any other person who has never taken the time to research the whole phenomenon of Political Zionism and its connection to those who are now out for blood in this case.

Nonetheless her manner in the court room, while a touch more than border-line theatrical, is a thing to behold. I will undoubtedly have more to say about CC Johnston in further updates but I thought it might be appropriate at this point to give readers my personal impression of her demeanour. It really does appear that the more nonsense she receives from her guiding spirit, Det-Cst Terry Wilson of the BC HATE CRIME TEAM, the ‘meanour’ she gets.

When the issue of setting a date for my lawyer to address the draconian conditions that the Crown is again wanting to impose on me (likely for the duration of the upcoming trial by Judge and Jury) CC Johnston did her utmost to inform Judge Morgan that since November 2, 2012 (when I first realized I was free to post on my website once more), I had displayed the unabashed temerity and outright audacity to post 19 new articles!!!
OMG! or as my Talmud-driven detractors over at B’nai Brith Canada might have muttered under their breath, “Oi veh, such chutzpah coming from that anti-Semitic, hate-mongering goy!”

Then, in her ensuing ardour, she added for emphasis a few juicy headline quotes that Det-Cst Terry Wilson had furnished her with; ones that he and his pretty partner in crime, Cst Normandie Levas, obviously gleaned from their daily inspection of my website, RadicalPress.com and figured were more solid proof that I’m continuing in my “Willful Promotion of Hatred” toward the “Jewish religion” and those of “Jewish ethnic origin”.
Your Honour, she said, the defendant has posted such headings as:

“Rothschild Zionist from designed to destroy free speech and control the internet”

“Jewish Supremacist Onslaught against Arthur Topham”

“Canada…. Is under brutal Jewish occupation”

I’m really not sure what she was expecting Judge Morgan to say to this but he responded in an impartial, intelligent manner conveying to the court that basically these are alleged offences, if in fact “offences at all” and then proceeded to go on to set a new date in order to deal with upcoming issues.

I should also add as a final note that the Disclosure documents containing all the information as to what the Crown intends to use in their subsequent court proceedings had still not arrived at Doug Christie’s office so the Judge set a new date of Tuesday, November 20th at 1:30 pm when the Crown and Defence will then try to find a further agreeable date to hold a Preliminary Hearing on the matter.

That is basically what took place yesterday, November 13th, 2012 in the Quesnel Court House.