View Single Post
Old December 18th, 2009 #123
Hadding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
It's quite clear, to me at least, from your posts on this thread, that you want to see Bill White convicted, and it has nothing to do with whether he committed a crime.
Your characterization is not consistent with what I have been saying.
From Dan Casey's Blog:

The crucial point about Bill White's magazine with the cover featuring Barack Obama in the crosshairs is that the words in the magazine do not advocate what the cover depicts. The cover does not say, "Kill this nigger!" It asks the question, "Kill this nigger?"

The conventional wisdom among White Nationalists even before Bill White published that magazine was that an Obama assassination would be a disaster for our cause, just as the Kennedy assassination was a disaster that facilitated passage of the 1964 Civil Rights Act (even though the perpetrator was not a racist as originally assumed).

The text of the magazine answers the question posed on the cover by saying, No, do not kill this nigger.

There is something disingenuous about this, and that is what has gotten Bill White in trouble. Bill White is a master at forcing people to pay attention to him through manipulation. That is what the psychiatrist Corcoran implied when he said that White had a personality disorder featuring "histrionic" and "narcissistic" elements. Bill White knew perfectly well that many people unfamiliar with the discussions about this issue in the White Nationalist movement would fly off the handle reacting to the image and not consider the text.

To all you anti-racist liberals: as far as the magazine cover is concerned, Bill White was just yanking your chain.

Comment by Hadding Scott

"The conventional wisdom among White Nationalists even before Bill White published that magazine was that an Obama assassination would be a disaster for our cause"

How screamingly fortunate for the majority of this country that elected him.

How depressing to think that the fate of our President depends on the aggregate "conventional wisdom" of a group like this one.

I think, Mr. Scott, you overestimate White's powers and misinterpret Corcoran's assessment. Maybe he just meant White is a nutcase.

Comment by Kristen

No, I understand exactly what Corcoran meant by histrionic, narcissistic, manipulative, and attention-seeking. I've been aware of Bill White for at least ten years, and all Corcoran did was to confirm what those of us who have been putting up with him already knew.

Dan Casey's aetiology of this situation is also consistent with what I have been trying to tell some of my associates on VNN Forum. Some want to believe that Bill White is being persecuted for his political views, but that is not the core of the matter. Anybody who presses his legal rights to the very limit runs the risk of being dragged into court, and it is not realistic to think that being technically within your rights is going to protect you from some kind of official reaction if you scare a lot of people. Governments do not always play strictly by the rules.

What concerns me at this point are the "civil rights suits" that White is going to face after the current trial ends, probably without a conviction. "Civil rights law" is not a longstanding part of our legal tradition, but an innovation introduced during Reconstruction, found unconstitutional in 1883, then reintroduced in 1964. After this trial ends, the real abomination begins.

Comment by Hadding Scott — December 17, 2009