View Single Post
Old June 10th, 2008 #41
Greg Gerdes

slamin2:

Quote:
"How/why do you conclude that there would be 50,000 shells and shell casings at Treblinka?"
I'm glad you brought that up slamin, what I meant to be saying is - AT LEAST 50,000. The "How/why" would be from Yitzhak Arad who claimed "tens of thousands" were shot there and Samuel Rajzman's testimony at the Nuremberg Show Trial:

MR. COUNSELLOR SMIRNOV: And tell us, please, how did the Germans behave while killing their victims in Treblinka?

RAJZMAN: If you mean the actual executions, every German guard had his special job. I shall cite only one example. We had a ScharFuehrer Menz, whose special job was to guard the so-called "Lazarett." In this "Lazarett" all weak women and little children were exterminated who had not the strength to go themselves to the gas chambers.

MR. COUNSELLOR SMIRNOV: Perhaps, Witness, you can describe this "Lazarett" to the Tribunal?

SAMUEL RAJZMAN: This was part of a square which was closed in with a wooden fence. All women, aged persons, and sick children were driven there...

If all the weak women and children, the aged persons and the sick and weak from the transports were taken to and shot in the lazarett, then actually there would have to be more than 50,000. Probably much more. I guess I have just been using 50,000 as a conservative estimate.

So again, thanks for reminding me of my much too low estimate and I will try to remember from here on to use AT LEAST when I mention the figure of the 50,000 jews allegedly shot in the Treblinka Lazarett.

But of course that is not all. If you read the "eyewittness testimony," jews were allegedly being shot all the time every day all over the camp for any and every reason. The "eyewitness testimony" is full of tall tales of jewish workers being shot - dozens of them every single day, at all locations in the camp, most for the most minor of infractions.

So yeah, 50,000 would be considered a very conservitive estimate.