View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2009 #81
Larry Heinberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychologicalshock View Post
No it's not, you're using terms you don't even understand. That is not invalid and in fact is valid regardless of if the conditions are true or not. Please stop using logical terms. If you mean it isn't valid from your point of view then I don't care but to say it isn't valid by virtue of logic is false since it's rational. Unless of course you want to argue that desiring to live is unreasonable.
No, I mean that it is logically invalid. You dispute that, and yet say that the conclusion is true regardless of the premises? Maybe you don't know what validity is.

Given that I didn't specify "X", the form is clearly invalid. Things can be different without requiring or benefitting from a difference in behaviour.

Was there some important point you wanted to discuss?

Quote:
Quote:
And what you say isn't quite right. Just because blacks are disproportionately responsible for violent crimes, doesn't mean that you should treat a black man following you any differently from a white man.
well i guess you think it is better to be ignorant and vulnerable. thats your stupid choice, not that of a rational person
You're missing my point. I'm talking about logic. It is not logical to say that you should treat members of one group differently from members of another group, just because those groups differ in how dangerous they are.

How you should treat black people compared to white people is not the point of my remark there. I am saying that the evidence you provided for your behavioural recommendation was inadequate.

Quote:
Quote:
Perhaps neither group commits many violent crimes at all.
there s no perhaps here. what I said is verfiably true. you are a bullshitter just for suggesting it isnt.
Again, for clarity, this is not my point. I am not talking about blacks and whites in that example. I am talking about a logical form, and its ability to establish certain conclusions. I am not talking about specific cases.

Quote:
Quote:
And to be honest, it's a bit laughable that you'd compare the goings on on this website to marketing schemes.
sure, whatever. anybody with a brand markets. we got a lot of "diversity" of vnn but you dont need to know about that.
Heh?

Quote:
Quote:
And just because a person is not of your own race, doesn't mean that person is a bad person with ethics you should disaprove of. And so on.
yeah so what, I know people of other races who are honest, or that I may like. so what.
So stop supporting this hell-hole of racial aggression.

Quote:
Anyhow, for many social purposes, I have to stick together with whites. SImple as that.
I don't care about this.

Quote:
...it is at times my duty and my honor and my loyalty demanded of me by my blood...
Screw that haha.

Quote:
Quote:
Edit: Also, it seems you know a lot more about Jewish culture than I do. Heh.
if you know what all that stuff is you are either a jew or someone who's studied them.
Hahaha. I don't know what they are. They looked like Hebrew words, and I assumed you weren't just making them up.

Quote:
I am not a jew, but I have studied them. I'm guessing youre a jew, but I dont really care one way or another, since you sound like one and thats good enough for purposes of this conversation.
"Good enough"? It's irrelevant.