Full Thread: Soviet movies
View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2018 #42
Alex Him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
Thanks, Alex. I'm impressed by the high quality of these films. They got many details correct in regard to weapons, vehicles, uniforms, etc. both Soviet and German, where many Hollywood productions get it wrong. Most of the same military equipment was still in use in the 1960s when this movie was made. Also very few films in the West show the Russian perspective of the war.

I cannot imagine being in a war of such magnitude, I'm sure my chances of survival would have been very small. It makes a single human life seem very insignificant.
Excuse me.
I thought that Mosfilm will be very careful when processing these movies.

Some of these movies have English subtitles, while others do not have them. I wrote several times to Mosfilm asking them to make subtitles for the second part, and then wrote to the Ministry of Culture. None of them answered me. So I do not know if my letters affected the advent of English subtitles in the second part of the movie.

For the third part there are subtitles but only Serbian
So I already wrote a letter to Mosfilm about the third part.