View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2008 #63
cillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracker oftheWhip View Post
Most articles that I've come across state that the body only needs one day off after a workout to "recover". What would be the advantage of working one group of muscles per week as opposed to all groups 3 times a week?

Thx for the link rebel, I'll check it out.
a real pic of manfred hoeberl

he says:

STRONG-ARM ADVICE FOR BEGINNERS
"When I started training, I tried nearly every exercise imaginable," says Manfred. "I usually did four biceps and four triceps exercises for 12-15 sets each bodypart. My arms grew, but not quickly.

"As the gains came slower and slower, I decided to do a little experimenting. I cut back on the number of exercises and sets, and I raised the intensity level. Where before I was doing 12-15 sets, now I was doing six! The results were amazing.

"My arms exploded with new growth. Never before had I experienced such phenemonal results. Yet, I took things one step further: I increased the number of rest days and eventually got to the point where I was working my arms only once per week. And, my biceps and triceps workouts now take only 10 minutes!

"In my hunger for big arms, I thought more work and workouts were the answer. I was wrong. When it comes to massive, unbelievable arms, less is more!"